Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Libprs500 Reader Icon

When I read the documentation for Libprs500 it says I can drag/drop books to the ereader using the book icon. How do I get my reader to show up? The only icon I get is the library icon. My reader shows up in connect but not in Libprs500.

Also, there is a progress bar at the bottom that always shows 100%. What is that? 100% of what?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can't use both libprs500 and the connect software. If the reader shows up in connect it wont show up in libprs500. The progress bar's default state is 100%.

I would suggest you wait until 0.4.0 before using the libprs500 GUI.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Okay, thanks. When I said it shows up in Connect, I didn't mean I had both programs loaded at the same time.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah i know but if connects usb driver is picking up the reader then libprs500 wont.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is it possible to make Libprs500 use the Connect USB driver so we can use either or?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not without writing platform dependent code which I dont want to do. Maybe when libusb is rewritten using the winusb framework it will be possible
Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can't you set up libprs500 so that all you need do is take out the platform independent code and drop in the platform dependent code?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the problem is that i would have to write two usb drivers and there is no way i'm going to spend enough time in windows to write a usb driver for it.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:06 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Actually that's not quite true. I could probably make libusb play nice with the connect software but then the connect software would become a dependency of libprs500 on windows, which I don't want.

The fundamental reason is windows idiotic driver architecture that makes it impossible to have two apps install drivers for the same device independently.

What I will do is make the installation of the USB drivers optional on windows so if people only want to use the conversion tools of libprs500 they can do so.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-04-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
...I would suggest you wait until 0.4.0 before using the libprs500 GUI.
Will this fix issues with the Mac OS X build?

On the site I can't find a link to view bugs, so I'm not sure if it has been reported before (or if there is somewhere else I should go for asking.

Anyways, the Mac OS X GUI seems to crash regularly. I have to restart after adding any books, otherwise they don't show up or older ones disappear from the library.

I mainly use the pdf2lrf function from the command line, but as a Mac owner, the thought of not having to use a virtual WinXP session and Sony's software is incredibly tempting!

Thanks,
-KG
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah it will fix the OSX bugs. the link for bug reporting is named "new ticket"
Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah it will fix the OSX bugs. the link for bug reporting is named "new ticket"
Awesome, thanks!

I saw the link for reporting bugs, but I was trying to find a way to browse bugs and their status as I had assumed all the problems I was having were already reported.

Thanks again for the software. I was going to use Biblioskop, but it has all sorts of design issues I don't like, so I will gladly wait for the update!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

"view tickets" is what you need to see existing bugs.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #14
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
"view tickets" is what you need to see existing bugs.
Yep, in their now after looking for a solution to my problem with rtf2lrf. Apparently I am a blind idiot and missed the link originally.