Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
xpolarbearx
xpolarbearx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Sony PRS-350 Battery Issue

I have a Sony PRS-350 and I tried using an aftermarket charger to charge the reader. It showed as "usb connected" and "charging" on the screen but it actually drained the battery. After fully charging it via the mac usb port the battery doesn't seem to last long at all. It goes down to one bar while reading on and off in one day. Did I kill the battery or will it fix itself after a couple more complete charges? I did get a blackberry micro usb charger that allows charging while reading so I'm not sure if that is the problem also.
xpolarbearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Firstly you need to leave it to charge over night... the charging light goes off at 80% charge, secondly do not put through full deep discharge cycling... these are Li Polymer batteries not NiCads, letting a Li Poly battery run all the way down is harmful (battery manufacturers information). Blackberry chargers are reported as fine and ideal to leave charging overnight... see numerous other threads relating to batteries for much more detailed information...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert