Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
varvar
varvar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Total Newbie needs Chinese help for eReader

I am pretty desperate here, so thank you in advance for any help that you could provide.

Okay, while I am not exactly computer illiterate (meaning, basically I know how to save and open files...), I am having a very hard time comprehending the previous threads on this forum with respect to being able to read Chinese on my PRS-600.

For example, this thread led me to this site

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12262

I thought I understood Chinese until I was reading the instructions for converting the eReader to display Chinese. I am completely lost. It all sounds so insanely complicated. Can anyone explain to me, in more or less plain English, how to convert a bunch of Chinese txt. files that I have into a format that's displayable on eReader? Heck, if that's not possible, is there someone somewhere that I can pay to hack/saw/magick my reader into a Chinese reading machine?

Someone (may he be cursed ) once told me that Sony eReader can support Chinese natively, but now I have found out this is not the case. Too late, already bought the thing. I need help...big time.
varvar is offline   Reply With Quote