Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
spm
Enthusiast
spm began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Play stream video

Hi, I’m new in this forum and I send my greetings.
I have not a nook color yet and I have some doubts.
I’m looking for a device that cover at least my three main expectations:
- use it as ereader
- use it as web browser
- use it TO SEE STREAM VIDEO sending from my MacBook+EyeTV

I’ve tested with a notebook with WXP and I can see the stream video with VLC.

As there isn’t vlc for android, I’ve tested in a 7” tablet (bq verne) with android what said in this link

http://www.livesony.com/foro/f102/vi...ndo-vlc-10468/

I open a Opera browser and open the url rstp://my-ip:1234/stream.sdp and I could see in the android tablet the stream video from the MBP+VLC if the video is a file (.mp4 or .flv).

But if I send the video from my EyeTV stick, the browser tell me “Format not support”

Has anyone test the nook color playing stream live tv?
spm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Bump.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
spm
Enthusiast

please
Old 12-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bump.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
spm
Enthusiast

Hi SCION.
I see you want to know about this.
Perhaps you could do a part of the test.
If you have a pc o mac and you have a wifi lan at home, you can test if the stream video (a movie in .avi, .mp4, .flv) sending from your pc you can see in your NC.

Please, tell me if you need any help.
In the first message' link you can see how stream video from a pc with vlc.
If you have a mac, I can post an image with the configuration.

At least we can know if the NC can play the stream video (of a movie).
The live tv with a card tv can be the next test.

Thanks
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I believe we're going to be watching the development of an Android app called "Plugplayer." This app has apparently been a staple for iPhone streaming, and the author has just released it for Android, but there are still issues to work through it seems. I'm not finding much info yet ...
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

There is a special forum section for Plugplayer for Android:

http://www.plugplayer.com/forum/
Old 12-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Thanks Krypto for helping the original poster!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Also tried a program called "gmote" at www.gmote.org which claims to be in Beta right now for playing files from shared media directorys. There is a server side for your PC, and a client side for the Android device.

I was unable to stream some of my encoded mp4 files using gmote. These are the same mp4 files that play just fine on the NC's micro-SD card. So, for now, that's a no go.

Sorry. I would guess something will be working in another couple months.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Would Orb work to stream vids from your computer to your NC? I have used it on my phone or at a friends place.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
spm
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for your help.
I think this funcionality arrives (if it doesnt works now).

What I have to see is if the price of the NC buying in España and if it's so interesting.

thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Yeah, the only downsides I've seen so far, spm, are the lack of 3G/4G and microphone. Of course the device was never meant for that at the $250US pricetag I suppose. It's a possibility that we will get mic possibility with activation of the bluetooth.

I'll give Orb a shot when I have a few minutes, Care, thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Probably want to keep an eye on this one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=879996

Not really video streaming, but does allow the NC to see network shares on other devices. It would be interesting to see if this thing is powerful enough to deal with a data stream over wi-fi and still smooth video play.