Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Nook Color Covers

The first accessory most people are going to want is a cover. The first question that'll get asked is - will it fit my "brand X" cover? So, here are some dimensions (inches) for comparison:
  • Kindle DX -- 10.4 x 7.2 x 0.38
  • Apple iPad -- 9.6 x 7.5 x 0.50
  • Sony 900 -- 8.1 x 5.0 x 0.59
  • Nook Color -- 8.1 x 5.0 x 0.48
  • Kindle 2G -- 8.0 x 5.3 x 0.36
  • Sony 950 -- 7.9 x 5.0 x 0.38
  • Nook clas -- 7.7 x 4.9 x 0.50
  • Kindle 3G -- 7.5 x 4.8 x 0.34
  • GalaxyTb -- 7.5 x 4.7 x 0.47
  • Kobo Rdr -- 7.2 x 4.7 x 0.39
  • Sony 600 -- 6.9 x 4.8 x 0.40
  • Sony 650 -- 6.6 x 4.7 x 0.38
  • Sony 300 -- 6.3 x 4.3 x 0.41
  • Sony 350 -- 5.7 x 4.1 x 0.33

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-31-2010 at 10:51 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it will fit in any case that held a 900 or Kindle 2 loosely. I've got a eBay cheapo nylon zip case that will hold it if the case I ordered doesn't actually come at the same time.

I've pre-ordered the NOOK Color and two cases and got the confirmation email. The Industriell easel shows it will ship with the Color on Nov 20. The Dalton envelope-style case has a ship date of Dec 10.

The cases don't show the ship date until after you order.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it will fit in any case that held a 900 or Kindle 2 loosely. I've got a eBay cheapo nylon zip case that will hold it if the case I ordered doesn't actually come at the same time.
YW

Wonder if Oberon will make some covers? That would be cool.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
One thing I like about the nook products is the variety of covers B&N makes available. Some of those nook color covers are really nice.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
YW

Wonder if Oberon will make some covers? That would be cool.
I imagine they'll be able to use the K2 covers for the nook color. They're virtually the same size. It's slightly narrower, but also a bit thicker, which should take up the slack in the corner straps.
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4brats View Post
I imagine they'll be able to use the K2 covers for the nook color. They're virtually the same size. It's slightly narrower, but also a bit thicker, which should take up the slack in the corner straps.
I have spent a bit of time talking to the Oberon people and they are too quality minded to just use the Kindle cover. If they make one, and they probably will, it will be precisely for the nook color.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote