Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #331
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
That would be a very fast battery! You likely mean 1000mA.

Dale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The battery is a 1000mAh and not a 1000MHz. Posted just to avoid confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
waaait, since when Mhz=mAh?
Anyone else feel like kicking a man when he is down? Anyone?

I'm down on the ground, here, lying in pain... I have a few more places on my body that has yet to be kicked and bruised...

<- not laughing.. rolling and screaming in PAIN!!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #332
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
I'm kind of curious to know how often anyone here has changed the battery in their ebook readers? It's nice to be able to, and it certainly adds some longevity and usefulness to the device. But I honestly think that by the time I wore the battery down to the point where it needed replacing, I could probably pick up a new reader for a fraction of the current price.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #333
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
I'm kind of curious to know how often anyone here has changed the battery in their ebook readers? It's nice to be able to, and it certainly adds some longevity and usefulness to the device. But I honestly think that by the time I wore the battery down to the point where it needed replacing, I could probably pick up a new reader for a fraction of the current price.
Depends on how you use/abuse the battery. If I don't let the battery drain on my laptop all the way before plugging it in, then it develops a point where it will not charge past a certain charge. After a couple years, I had to buy a new laptop battery because mine would barely hold a charge for 20 min, and that was only using Word, or surfing the net.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #334
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
You're from Arkansas, probably get that feeling everytime someone says you have "purty mouth"
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #335
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
You're from Arkansas, probably get that feeling everytime someone says you have "purty mouth"
I used to say the same thing about Lincoln County...
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #336
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
That is if they don't get raped by my one llama.
"Look at the furry deer! OH MY GOD!! WHAT IS HE DOING?! GETTEM OFF!"
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #337
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I think it was just a mental error on his part.
ya, i know, just messing with him
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #338
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

i feel so loved...

and not by that llama!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #339
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post

I'm down on the ground, here, lying in pain... I have a few more places on my body that has yet to be kicked and bruised...

<- not laughing.. rolling and screaming in PAIN!!
Let me know where, and I'd be glad to.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #340
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Heck, mine's almost new, and I'm finding it hard to resist pre-ordering an Astak 5"!

Don't get me wrong, I love my jetBook, but from what I've been seeing over here on the Astak thread that's one sweet machine!

Robert, how about that USPS shipping you were looking into?

Last edited by wodin; 08-17-2009 at 11:07 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #341
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post

Sure, Griff: try to put a filter on those brain-farts of yours, okay???

Everett
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #342
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love my jetBook, but from what I've been seeing over here on the Astak thread that's one sweet machine!
I think that Robert is a good salesman!

Three weeks ago I had my heart set on a txtr. But now I think that I will see what the Pocket Pro early adopters think of that unit's build quality.

No matter what specs Robert touts, if the unit seems to be junky I'll give it a pass. But if it's solid, I think I'll go for it.

The txtr being German, I would be very surprised if it were junky. But they will have wireless options, and its price may be in line with the Kindle 2's $299 rather than the Sony 300's $199. If so, I'll go with the $199 Pocket Pro.

I will also be curious to see if the txtr has a user-changeable battery. I wonder how many people think that that feature is as important as I do.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #343
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I think that Robert is a good salesman!

Three weeks ago I had my heart set on a txtr. But now I think that I will see what the Pocket Pro early adopters think of that unit's build quality.

No matter what specs Robert touts, if the unit seems to be junky I'll give it a pass. But if it's solid, I think I'll go for it.

The txtr being German, I would be very surprised if it were junky. But they will have wireless options, and its price may be in line with the Kindle 2's $299 rather than the Sony 300's $199. If so, I'll go with the $199 Pocket Pro.

I will also be curious to see if the txtr has a user-changeable battery. I wonder how many people think that that feature is as important as I do.
I definitely think it's a huge selling point. Regardless of how solid , well-built, or high quality of the device, there will always be the chance that you have a bum part, and a battery is high upon that list.

There's nothing worse that waiting months for release, preorder, waits a week on the shipping, and when the deivce comes in, have to send it back (extra shipping) wait up to 3 weeks before getting it back (one week to ship up, a week to fix-they had many to replace, a week ship back). That happened to my brother-in-law.

So yeah, being able to replace your battery by yourself is a GREAT boon.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #344
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Heck, mine's almost new, and I'm finding it hard to resist pre-ordering an Astak 5"!

Robert, how about that USPS shipping you were looking into?
ditto on that one
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #345
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Robert B
Please make sure to let us know when the B&N deal is complete and we can get the new firmware with ereader in it along with ebub.
chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote