Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 04:37 AM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
[GUI Plugin]Cleaning Comment [Deprecated]

** This plugin is deprecated and will no longer work. Instead you should use the replacement Clean Comments plugin **

This plugin allow you to remove all the html tags in the comment field, converting it in plain text. It works only with the standard comment metadata, not custom fields.

Special Notes:
  • Requires calibre 2.0 or later.

Installation Steps:
  1. Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu or toolbar as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.

Version History:

Spoiler:

Version 0.0.2 - 18 Jul 2016
Clean shortcuts and normalize the name
Version 0.0.1 - 17 Jul 2016
Initial release
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_1.png
Views:	2583
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	150253  
Attached Files
File Type: zip NormComment.zip (350.2 KB, 135999 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-25-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #2
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It also show the site address, i don't see why i need the address if you remove the tag.
can you add an option to remove the site address.

result after i remove a html tag name mobileread:
[mobileread](https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276358)

Thanks

Last edited by oren64; 07-17-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It also show the site address, i don't see why i need the address if you remove the tag.
can you add an option to remove the site address.

result after i remove a html tag name mobileread:
[mobileread](https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276358)

Thanks
Sorry, I don't understand your request. What site address?
Old 07-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorry for not making myself clear, i mean comment with hyperlink.
I only have few books with hyperlink, but the one try show [name of the hyperlink](site address) after the cleaning.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I was guessing it. Sorry, I wouldn't know how to do it. Option, yes, I can do. Parsing the comments for removing the hiperlinks, I'm not sure.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:40 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

New version only with some aesthetic changes.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I was so happy to find this plug-in! Thank you.

One thing though that may not be your plug-in - do you know how to get rid of the damn double spacing? I wanted to add the list of short stories and authors contained in the book to the comments, but it's all double spaced which to me looks really bad.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:48 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

@purple lady, what double space? If you talk about space between lines, I think nothing can be done, as it's the standard way to show it. Could you, please, show an example?
Old 07-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@purple lady, what double space? If you talk about space between lines, I think nothing can be done, as it's the standard way to show it. Could you, please, show an example?
Yeah it's the space between the lines. Since each author and story in my case is on a separate line, it looks like double spacing. I can post a screenshot later.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:23 AM   #10
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks, will try it out.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #11
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Great plugin!
I made a modified version with options to keep/delete links URL and * that mark italic or bold.
Differences:
-Deleted part of the code (it seems you used the count pages plugin and a lot of the code wasn't needed, I also deleted references to Qt4 since the plugin need calibre2.0) and the unused images
-Changed to a one click button plugin
-French translation added

If you're ok you can test it and use it to update the plugin (one thing, don't use the .mo file generated by poedit if you translate, I couldn't get it to compile the strings with [ or ] inside)
Attached Files
File Type: zip NormComment.zip (28.3 KB, 715 views)

Last edited by Nicolas F; 06-02-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #12
dxcore35
dxcore35 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Post Align set to justify

Hello does sombody know what and where in the script I can change option to:
Code:
set the text align to justify
This alignment will fill the square space in book details perfectly.
I tried to look under the hood but I cannot find even bold and italic option mentioned as new feature.

Thank you for advice!
Old 08-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #13
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Error...Help???

Help! I keep getting this error and I have no clue how to figure out which book is causing it!

"calibre, version 3.46.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>HTMLParseError</b>:EOF in middle of entity or char ref, at line 11, column 2010

calibre 3.46 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM (0, 3, 5) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && FictionDB (1, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 7) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 4, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 7, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 5, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 7, 0) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Wikidata (1, 3, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.norm_comment.action", line 125, in _normalize_comment
File "calibre_plugins.norm_comment.action", line 154, in _do_replace_text
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\html2text.py", line 22, in html2text
File "site-packages\html2text\__init__.py", line 151, in handle
File "site-packages\html2text\__init__.py", line 163, in close
File "HTMLParser.py", line 121, in close
File "HTMLParser.py", line 216, in goahead
File "HTMLParser.py", line 124, in error
HTMLParseError: EOF in middle of entity or char ref, at line 11, column 2010"
Old 08-14-2019, 05:30 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Do you have the comment for the book which is failing? If you can, please, put the html slide inside a spoiler tag. Because it looks like a malformed html.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #15
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
I don't! The problem is when I try to do them in batches...I do about 100 at a time. This one batch keeps throwing the error but when I do them individually they all seem to do because I don't get the error!
Closed Thread