Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
Sin Jeong-hun
Sin Jeong-hun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question How to send e-mail using Outlook?

I want Calibre to send newly downloaded feeds to my Kindle using e-mail. That way, I don't have to connect Kindle and the PC using a cable.

There is an automated E-mail feature, but it only seems to allow SMTP with TSL/SSL server. The problem is, this is a cooperate environment and the port to GMail is blocked. I can only send e-mails using Outlook. How can I do that? Is there any plug-in for that?

PS:
I tried to search this forum for "Outlook" but the almost 500 results seemed to be irrelevant. I opened a few but they didn't even contain the work "Outlook". I guess the search system is wrong.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is no built-in support for Outlook. Calibre is cross-platform and Outlook is Windows specific so I expect there is no great interest in developing such an interface. Kovid as the main developer is Linux based and does not run Windows.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
markbond1007
Connoisseur
markbond1007 doesn't littermarkbond1007 doesn't litter

Device: CyBook Gen3, Sony PRS-600
In a corporate environment, you should have an smtp server available ( that exchange uses to send receive ), so you could use thar

Mark
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Sin Jeong-hun

As Outlook is a windows app.......I would imagine it would also incur a cost to use......no one wants to pay for that!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
aespejolc
aespejolc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2g
I have an idea... create a VBA macro to send emails to your kindle @ddress.
Can someone help me...
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...l?forum=isvvba
Old 10-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aespejolc View Post
I have an idea... create a VBA macro to send emails to your kindle @ddress.
Can someone help me...
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...l?forum=isvvba
  1. Do not necropost, please.
  2. Your question does not appear to have anything to do with calibre. Is there a reason you are posting it in the calibre forums here?
Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

1) Please do not necropost.

2.) Post to an appropriate forum. Your post has nothing whatsoever to do with calibre.

3) Read (or re-read) our Posting Guidelines. For your convenience, a link is available at the bottom of every page.

4) Thread closed.

Closed Thread