Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
I can't root T2 with firmware 1.0.04.11081

Hi:
After breaking my T1, I bought a T2 with right firmware to root it (1.0.04.11081).

I did the jailbreak using rupor-jailbreak. Apparently, it worked, because the device restarted and it created a OS Firmware folder in SD card, (but it didn't ask me to reset, as I had read in some posts).
Then I applied the AMR rupor-minimal. The device restarted, but nothing had changed.
What is going wrong?
I did the same process (jailbreak + AMR) for three times, but nothing changed in the device.

By the way, am I in time to do the recommended first backup? (I forgot to do it before the jailbreak, but as the jailbreak and the AMR don't change anything, may be I could do an effective backup).

Is there a log to know why the jailbreak fail?

What do I have to do with the OS Firmware folder created in the SD card? Can I delete it?

Thank you very much if some one could help me. I really need help.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
1.0.04 is not always right.

Newer T2 with 1.0.04 may have a fixed bootloader, too, and thus cannot be rooted.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote