Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #46
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
I believe there are currently only 27 awards available on the Kobo Touch, 32 on Android, and 68 on iOS (so some of those 49 aren't yet unlockable on the Touch). Hopefully that helps give all you completists something to shoot for
Aww.. Then I just have to get the 5am-7am award and the juggernaut and I'm done till they activate any others.. :P

Though when I look over the list I think the 3 magazine related and 3 newspaper related ones may be available.. I'll try for one each and see.. Get the awards for subscribing to one magazine and one newspaper.. Gotta wait 14 days though till the trial period ends..

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-03-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #47
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Interesting, they should really try and make it consistent across all platforms (and sync between devices).
I'm pretty sure they do sync the awards between the Touch and the Vox.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #48
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I think "Free-loader" is an App award only. Because I tried to download 10 classics and it didn't work.
I think this one might be a bug...? I downloaded more than 20 free books on my iPad from the Kobo store and I didn't get it.

Also, question about Juggernaut: If you don't achieve 10 000 page turns in 2 months, does your progress on the award reset? I'm coming up on 2 months in a couple weeks, and I only have 1100 page turns, I was just under the assumption that you'd get it whenever you got 10 000 page turns.

And one more...back in May, Kobo released 3 awards related to True Blood and the Sookie Stackhouse series...anyone know if they're still available or what you had to do to get them? They were on the http://www.kobobooks.com/trueblood page, but the page is all blank now.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #49
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
I think this one might be a bug...? I downloaded more than 20 free books on my iPad from the Kobo store and I didn't get it.

Also, question about Juggernaut: If you don't achieve 10 000 page turns in 2 months, does your progress on the award reset? I'm coming up on 2 months in a couple weeks, and I only have 1100 page turns, I was just under the assumption that you'd get it whenever you got 10 000 page turns.

And one more...back in May, Kobo released 3 awards related to True Blood and the Sookie Stackhouse series...anyone know if they're still available or what you had to do to get them? They were on the http://www.kobobooks.com/trueblood page, but the page is all blank now.
Hmm, I'm not sure why the Freeloader wouldn't unlock after 20 books. The Juggernaut isn't time-based, so don't worry about it . And yes, the True Blood awards are still available, but currently only for the iOS apps. They're all based around how many of the books you have and have finished. Good luck!
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #50
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Don't know.. But if that is true then you'll have to either read really slow or select a HUGE book like War and Peace or Moby Dick..

True...but I was grasping at straws. I'm up to 20 days in a row reading on the KT, and nothing yet.

Still don't have BookLover or I ♥ My Library, either. Which is really strange.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 11-04-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Italics!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #51
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post

True...but I was grasping at straws. I'm up to 20 days in a row reading on the KT, and nothing yet.

Still don't have BookLover or I ♥ My Library, either. Which is really strange.
I wonder if "I <3 My Library" requires some other steps like adding to shortlist or doing a search on your library.. In addition to simply adding books.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #52
Xennex1170
Addict

Ok, an update of the awards confirmed for the KT so far in order they appear in Awards and how you get them:
1)Welcome to Reading Life (I guess everyone gets this one for simply turning your KT on).
2)BookLover (grayed out) (This is the one with the bug, supposed to be awarded when you first log into your Kobo account from the KT)
3)I <3 My Library (Just add a few books to your KT)
4)Once Upon a Time (Start reading any ebook)
5)Not an Open Book (Finish one ebook)
6)Pressed for Details (Learn how to do the Long press for ebook info)
7)Scout Leader (Get 10 Reading Life Awards)
8)Highly Decorated (Get 20 Reading Life Awards)
9)Night Rider (Read for about 3-4 hours past midnight?)
10)Word Up! (Look up definitions for 10 words)
11)Juggernaut (only 38% right now)(Make 10k page turns)
12)Page Turner (read a book for 2hrs straight)
13)Afternoon Rush Hour (Read 5 times between 4pm-6pm)
14)Happy Hour (Read 5 times between 6pm-8pm)
15)Primetime (Read 5 times between 8pm-10pm)
16)Better in Bed (Read 5 times between 10pm-12am)
17)Witching Hour (Read 5 times between 12am-1am)
18)Graveyard Shift (Read 5 times between 1am-5am)
19)Eat It (Read 5 times between 5am-7am)
20)Kill the Commute (Read 5 times between 7am-9am)
21)Sleeping In (Read 5 times between 9am-12pm)
22)I Eat Books for Lunch (Read 5 times between 12pm-2pm)
23)Playing Hooky (Read 5 times between 2pm-4pm)
24)All You Can Eat (Load 40+ books into your KT main memory or SD card)
25)Facebook (Awarded when you first log into Facebook from your KT)
26)Inverted Comma (Awarded when you highlight your first passage)
27)Papillon (Awarded when you post to Facebook 10 times)

Just got my "Eat It" Award this weekend.. Working on Juggernaut and waiting out the trial period for the Awards for subscribing to a magazine and a newspaper.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #53
auriel
Enthusiast

I think something is wrong with my iPad app. I have taken 5 notes in my current book, and don't have the Deep Thinker award yet, and I've sent a few quotes to Facebook and don't have the Quoth the Maven one yet either (unless I'm sharing from the wrong spot within the app??).

Also, the Blinged Out award unlocked for me today, the award for obtaining 50 awards. I'm concerned, because at the point it unlocked, I only had 23 awards...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #54
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
I think something is wrong with my iPad app. I have taken 5 notes in my current book, and don't have the Deep Thinker award yet, and I've sent a few quotes to Facebook and don't have the Quoth the Maven one yet either (unless I'm sharing from the wrong spot within the app??).

Also, the Blinged Out award unlocked for me today, the award for obtaining 50 awards. I'm concerned, because at the point it unlocked, I only had 23 awards...
That is odd.. I wonder if there is a discrepancy between what is shown in your Awards area and the App DB which is used to keep track of events that are triggers for the awards.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #55
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

There are definitely bugs in the various incarnations of Reading Life. Speaking of spoilers, you can easily hit 10 or 20 awards by using multiple devices under the same account (email address). You get double credit - It's quite lame in my opinion.

I used my wife's Android phone and installed the Kobo App hoping that I would get the Book Lover Award on my KT... I got 4 basic awards in the Android App, then I did lots of synching of both devices. The Book Lover never came through on my KT, although I know that I got credit for it because I had 17 awards showing on my KT, but magically earned credit for the "Highly Decorated" 20 award level. How anti-climactic.

I have totally lost interest in Reading Life since then, I'm stuck at 19 badges showing on my KT. I know that more are possible, but I simply cannot be bothered.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #56
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
There are definitely bugs in the various incarnations of Reading Life. Speaking of spoilers, you can easily hit 10 or 20 awards by using multiple devices under the same account (email address). You get double credit - It's quite lame in my opinion.

I used my wife's Android phone and installed the Kobo App hoping that I would get the Book Lover Award on my KT... I got 4 basic awards in the Android App, then I did lots of synching of both devices. The Book Lover never came through on my KT, although I know that I got credit for it because I had 17 awards showing on my KT, but magically earned credit for the "Highly Decorated" 20 award level. How anti-climactic.

I have totally lost interest in Reading Life since then, I'm stuck at 19 badges showing on my KT. I know that more are possible, but I simply cannot be bothered.
Ah so it counts the number of unique awards you have acquired through the different Kobo Apps.. Interesting. How many of the awards you received in the Android App does not exist or show up on the KT?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #57
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

I don't know for sure how many awards I have in total - IMO the system is a mess. It's not displayed graphically anywhere from what I can tell.

I wasted so much time trying to get the BookLover award on the KT before I read on the forums that it was a bug... Apparently the Kobo team has known about it since launch time, and there hasn't been a fix. Reading Life must fall way down the totem pole as compared to rolling out new features, which is actually a good thing.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #58
auriel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
That is odd.. I wonder if there is a discrepancy between what is shown in your Awards area and the App DB which is used to keep track of events that are triggers for the awards.
My Deep Thinker award unlocked today, I guess my notes weren't long enough before. Also, I deleted all my free books and readded them, and the Free Loader one worked, you need to add at least 10 free books for it to work. I had 20 before, which didn't make sense, but when I cleared them and redownloaded, it worked fine. I'm still confused as to why I have Blinged Out though, I've only ever used the app on my iPad, so it's not like I got a bunch of awards on a different device before using the iOS app.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #59
auriel
Enthusiast

I figured out Quoth the Maven, thought I'd share. It's not as simple as just sharing the hilighted passage to your wall.

In order for it to work, you have to hilight some text, then when the little menu comes up, click on Share, then click on Set Status. It'll change your Facebook status. Do that 5 times to get the award.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #60
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
I figured out Quoth the Maven, thought I'd share. It's not as simple as just sharing the hilighted passage to your wall.

In order for it to work, you have to hilight some text, then when the little menu comes up, click on Share, then click on Set Status. It'll change your Facebook status. Do that 5 times to get the award.
Is this for the Kobo Touch or another device?

Tags
awards, reading life, touch