Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #16
gwhite
Connoisseur
gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowseTheStacks View Post
Try one more time. Dose the OP know to click the DL link in the center of the page to save the file to the kindle?
I have indeed been clicking the DL link and was able to download the current edition. My only problem I had was in bookmarking this page in order to have a rapid retrieval. I now find that I'm able to activate my bookmark by activating Google and clicking "Bookmarks" as advised above so thanks to all for your suggestions.
I'm aware such rudimentary enquiries must try your patience, but before I hobble along to the nearest Care home and sign myself in, keep in mind that I grew up in a home with neither electricity or gas and our groceries were delivered by a horse and cart. Kindle is a tad removed from that but I do my best to keep up.
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhite View Post
I'm aware such rudimentary enquiries must try your patience, but before I hobble along to the nearest Care home and sign myself in, keep in mind that I grew up in a home with neither electricity or gas and our groceries were delivered by a horse and cart. Kindle is a tad removed from that but I do my best to keep up.
I, for one, don't mind answering even basic questions. Some of us, myself included, have used computers and other electronic gadgets for 30 years or more, and there are also younger folks who have grown up with it. So, learning new technology is almost intuitive for many of us, and we sometimes forget that everyone hasn't had the same exposure to technology.

It sounds like you do have the page bookmarked now. As I mentioned earlier, you may need to "reload" the web page each time you revisit, so it will show the current day's Guardian .mobi link. I hope you enjoy your Kindle, and welcome to MobileRead!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would honestly suggest reading the Kindle User Guide. It's very well-written and informative.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #19
gwhite
Connoisseur
gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would honestly suggest reading the Kindle User Guide. It's very well-written and informative.
I have done so but find that in common with many or most technical guides it tends to miss out basic procedures which it assumes every user will know, while fully briefing on more esoteric applications that may never be used (at least by me).
That said, I manage pretty well and am conversant with most computer processes apart from spread sheets. That apart, I'm your man on any question that relates to bicycle repair.
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhite View Post
... keep in mind that I grew up in a home with neither electricity or gas and our groceries were delivered by a horse and cart.
glorious Fife
paola is offline   Reply With Quote