Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #331
maxxim88
Enthusiast
maxxim88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
oh, so worry to hear about this, I come from Vietnam and unable to change titles of my books to Vietnamese Unicode, fully hope that someone will release new version of this app that support unicode font soon

Last edited by maxxim88; 08-31-2010 at 12:22 AM.
maxxim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #332
quocsan
Enthusiast
quocsan began at the beginning.

Device: none
This small program can help you to change title in UNICODE.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eBookTitle.zip (20.1 KB, 368 views)
quocsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #333
quocsan
Enthusiast

Dear tompe,
How can we change/add Author field in eBooks (with/without EXTH data)?
If possible, please show code in languages other than PERL.

Thank you.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #334
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by quocsan View Post
Dear tompe,
How can we change/add Author field in eBooks (with/without EXTH data)?
If possible, please show code in languages other than PERL.

Thank you.
Without: You have to add EXTH data.

With: You have to google for that. or read the comments in my Perl code. Also check the ebook tool that are on sourceforge (search for it). Also Calibre also contains some documentation of the format. I seem to remember some documentations put together by somebody here at MR but you have to search for it.

Check the MobiPocket forums.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #335
quocsan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Without: You have to add EXTH data.

With: You have to google for that. or read the comments in my Perl code. Also check the ebook tool that are on sourceforge (search for it). Also Calibre also contains some documentation of the format. I seem to remember some documentations put together by somebody here at MR but you have to search for it.

Check the MobiPocket forums.
Thank you very much for your reply, tompe.
I am viewing codes from Calibre.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #336
cua_bien02
cua_bien02 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Mobipocket Reader
Lightbulb Unhandled exception - Vista

Hi everyone,

I'm using Vista and having the same "unhandled exception" problem as Ortep (page 3), despite the fact that i've installed the latest GUI version. I've read through the threads but still cannot understand what is really the problem (as i'm not very familiar with IT things).

Is there any version or workaround that corrects this error?

Thanks everyone.
cua_bien02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #337
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Any chance of getting the source code for v7?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #338
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
The only difference between the v6 & v7 is the TAB order. There were no other changes made.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #339
Budfudder
Enthusiast
Budfudder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm having trouble converting one particular book - see the attached exception I get when I try to load it.

If I load the file into my Kindle, it shows the title as "Lord of Chaos: Book Six of 'The Wheel of Time'", so I was wondering if the ' characters (one at each end of Wheel of Time) might be throwing it off?

If I select 'Continue' in the exception dialog box, it doesn't load and display all the book's data - just the title.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	61116  
Budfudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #340
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Try renaming a copy of the original file to a basic name like book.mobi or book.azw and try making your mods to it. You can always rename the file afterwards to what ever you want. Because the GUI executes the Mobi2Mobi executable in DOS there are restrictions as to how certain characters are displayed there vs Windows.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #341
Budfudder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Try renaming a copy of the original file to a basic name like book.mobi or book.azw and try making your mods to it. You can always rename the file afterwards to what ever you want. Because the GUI executes the Mobi2Mobi executable in DOS there are restrictions as to how certain characters are displayed there vs Windows.
I've already tried that. It didn't help. The file name hasn't got any special characters in it - it's the book title that does, and I can only see that in my Kindle. How can I change that title when it won't even load in your GUI?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #342
Budfudder
Enthusiast

I've solved this problem...I was able to use the mobi2mobi.exe DOS program to change the title to something without inverted commas (') in the title. After that, the GUI would load it fine.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #343
Budfudder
Enthusiast

Are there requirements/restriction on the nature or size of the image you set the cover to? I downloaded a cover from the net and it looks about the right size. When I use the GUI (or mobi2mobi.exe) to set the cover to the image I downloaded, it only updates the thumbnail - the actual cover image stays blank. Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #344
Jad
Groupie

You might want to ask this over in the Mobiperl Tools thread as the GUI sits on top of this. From memory I think there is 64kb limit on the image file.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #345
Jad
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfudder View Post
I've solved this problem...I was able to use the mobi2mobi.exe DOS program to change the title to something without inverted commas (') in the title. After that, the GUI would load it fine.
It looks like the internal code that parses the output from Mobi2Mobi is tripping up on the single quotes when pulling it apart for display. If I get a chance I'll have a play and see if I can replicate & correct the problem.

Tags
mobi2mobi