Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
odelay
odelay doesn't litterodelay doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Kindle K2i Global Wireless & case

On ebay UK: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200506793940

Amazon Kindle (2nd gen) global wireless 3G, 6 months old but still in mint condition. Comes in original box with USB lead and US power adapter. Works in UK or globally. You can use the US or UK Kindle store to buy your ebooks. Software version 2.5.3 installed with Facebook & Twitter sharing, collections, enhanced PDF viewer etc.

Also included is a black Alcantara sleeve case from wrappers.typepad.com to protect your new toy

odelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Not interested unfortunately (have my own) but thanks for the link to the Alcantara case!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To be honest, the value of the sleeve is nil. So really, when bidding on this K2i, forget the sleeve exists as you'll be needing to get a real case instead. And the sleeve won't fit with a case, so you may as well toss it.

A sleeve does not protect anything when the K2i is not in the sleeve and you have a higher risk of damaging the screen should you ever drop it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
I've had that same sleeve (got mine on Etsy though) and used it for at least half a year without any issues whatsoever. Depending on your lifestyle and the way you use your devices, telling someone they should just throw it away is a bit abrupt. If all you do is read in bed and simply set your Kindle on your bedside table, a sleeve is perfectly fine.

Which is why so many different companies offer sleeves for countless devices.

Now on the other hand if you are the type of person who needs to throw their kindle in a backpack you won't want a soft sleeve. Which is why other cases are available. In either situation, a screen can be damaged whether it is in a sleeve or a case, so gentle treatment is always the first line of defense.

I had my Sony505 in a silicone shell AND inside a padded case, and the screen still broke during an accidental 3 ft fall onto carpet. So you are never 100% safe regardless.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert