Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Default for alt-shift-# is...?

Well, I feel a bit dumb. I was playing around with the alt-shift-# command where you can change the line-spacing. Now I want to reset it to whatever the default is but I don't know the default. The geektronic website is the only one I found that mentions such and they say it is 3 but, wow, that looks wayyyy too close together to me and I don't think my Kindle was ever set to 3. Does anyone know the real default setting? Thanks!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
That's what you get for messing around, I know, as have been there, done that.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the default setting is, but wonder if you do a hard reset if it just might go back where it started. Worth a try. Good luck.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Nope, seems to survive a hard reset. I'm almost tempted to try a return to factory settings but I have the font hack installed and not sure what that would do and don't want to bother uninstalling it.

Twenty minutes later adding this: Decided to see what would happen if I restored to factory defaults even with the font hack. That worked fine and it did restore the line space default which, as it turns out, actually does look like 3 but guess I had used others for so long I didn't recognize the "real" one when I saw it. Ohhhhhh, well.

Last edited by Neil; 07-04-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote