Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #151
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I get a lot of email offers from Google Play for movies or music, which I don't buy. I can't remember the last time I got an email offer for a book - maybe never (maybe that's why this one says "credit toward your first book"?)

I have had the banners in the website from time to time.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #152
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just got an email from Google for $3 off any book over $3. I also see it in the banner of specials when you go to Google Play on a web browser.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #153
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just got an email from Google for $3 off any book over $3. I also see it in the banner of specials when you go to Google Play on a web browser.
I actually got this email! Hope that means I will continue to receive book offers via emai.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #154
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I saw they banner on both of my accounts. One account lets me redeem it and the other says that account's not eligible for the promotion.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #155
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Thank you for posting this. I got the $3 Valentines day discount. Of course, there goes my ebook addict resolve out the window.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #156
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
Thank you for posting this. I got the $3 Valentines day discount. Of course, there goes my ebook addict resolve out the window.
I got Requiem for Innocence for 78 cents with tax after the discount. It's the second book in a mystery series. The first book, Played to Death, is free on googleplay, amazon, and all the others most likely.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #157
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
I got Requiem for Innocence for 78 cents with tax after the discount. It's the second book in a mystery series. The first book, Played to Death, is free on googleplay, amazon, and all the others most likely.
The book I brought from the play store was #17 for me in the last 7 days, that is paid not freebies. I will note that all were brought on discount or with coupons.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #158
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
But if you find a book for $3.05, it will only cost you 5¢. That doesn't really count, does it?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #159
wandalynn
Addict

Quote:
But if you find a book for $3.05, it will only cost you 5¢. That doesn't really count, does it?
Anything under a dollar shouldn't count but it did add to my TBR list.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:02 AM   #160
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I saw they banner on both of my accounts. One account lets me redeem it and the other says that account's not eligible for the promotion.
It's been my experience that if you see the banner, you should be eligible. You might try again later on that account because they don't always activate a code for all eligible accounts at the same time.

If you tried to redeem on an Android device where there are multiple Google accounts (if you share a device with another person who uses a different account), that may cause a problem. You might try it in a web browser on a PC to work around that.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #161
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
[snip]
If you tried to redeem on an Android device where there are multiple Google accounts (if you share a device with another person who uses a different account), that may cause a problem. You might try it in a web browser on a PC to work around that.
There is another way, too, that has worked for me. That is to clear the cache.

I think that there might be easier or faster ways, but one way that will work is to go to Tools > Settings > Apps > Google App/Google Store Music/Google Store Movies and TV/Google Play Store (whichever one is applicable) > Storage. Then clear both the cache _and_ the data. You should then get a dialogue box asking you which account that you want to use. Click on the radio button of the account that you want to use.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #162
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I can't even see the banner on the account it wouldn't let me redeem on. I can't even see the banner on my tablet on either account, only on my laptop.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #163
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

Bumping up again because I found another $5 off a book over $5 code in one of my Google Play accounts last night.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:26 AM   #164
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I just received a $1.49 movie rental in my g mail, so time to be on the look out for ebook deals. Last time I got movie deals followed by ebook deals.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:15 AM   #165
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
My main Google account has Google Play banners promoting $.99 for any movie rental "to get [me] started" (I've bought free movies there but never watched 'em nor rented any) and $5 off any book. Haven't yet checked my other Google accounts.

Last edited by Froide; 03-15-2018 at 05:49 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote