Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@phossler - yes in Sigil 0.6 I intentionally changed it to split "at the point of the cursor" in both Book View and Code View. There were several issues this fixed - the most annoying of which was that if your split point happened to be a paragraph with a trailing <br/> tag (which you cannot detect in BV) then Sigil would create a brand new split page with no body content in it, which was *really* annoying. It also helps if you have a rubbish PDF conversion and have a word like "Chapter" appended at the end of a preceding paragraph - just place your cursor before the C and job done. Along with several other fixes to do with preventing cruft and preserving styles amongst other things it definitely falls in the the "better" camp imo.

I have a fix for the "links not updating after a book view split" issue which will be in the 0.6.1 release.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #17
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
1. Cursor split - just caught me by surprise is all. I just have to break a habit (hard to do at my age)

2. BV href fix -- great. IMHO for me BV is easier to do a lot of things

3. Thanks for a great program

Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert