Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #1921
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
That coupon caused me to spend a lot more than I had planned this month, which, I guess, is the very purpose of it.

I bought ten books from the "spirituality" category and nine on various writing topics. Unlike previous coupons, the 50% one finally worked with Zoe Fairbairns' "Write Short Stories" (second time I'm buying this: the iBooks version couldn't be liberated, and it's a book I really treasure). Oh, and I picked up the handbook for LMMS (music studio software) that was a tad too costly without the code.

I resisted buying any fiction with the coupon, though, since I do have a huge backlog, so I limit myself to purchasing only text/reference books for the time being. Not that it makes an actual difference, since novels and anthologies don't exactly go "bad" either, but I find the reference-style books easier to justify. "Education" makes a better excuse than "entertainment".

I also pre-ordered a programming book at the Penny Press, which also had a 50% discount.

There are quite a few paper books on my shelves that I would like to replace with e-book versions, but it's something I struggle with. It's not strictly necessary, isn't as powerfully satisfying as newer-read-before books whose purchase makes you glee like a kid in a candy store, and it just feels a little like wasting money.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #1922
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I held out as long as I could, but finally caved over the weekend. Bought 11 ebooks so far at average price of $2.72 (after conversion).

What's mind-blowing is that 6 of them are new releases which would normally cost a fortune.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #1923
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I saw that Kobobooks has another multi-use 50% off coupon that runs through October 15 (BookRiot50), so I guess we'll continue to over-spend!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #1924
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation, Lenovo c330 Chromebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
I saw that Kobobooks has another multi-use 50% off coupon that runs through October 15 (BookRiot50), so I guess we'll continue to over-spend!
Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #1925
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Only purchased one book during September (using Kobo 75% code) and proud of it.

I wouldn't say I am cured but it does give me temporary bragging rights.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #1926
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Definitely better than I did. Those Kobo codes were bad for my habit! True, I didn't spend as much per book. But I bought more books.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #1927
Mivo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Definitely better than I did. Those Kobo codes were bad for my habit! True, I didn't spend as much per book. But I bought more books.
Working as intended!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #1928
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Most of the books on my wishlists are still not couponable in the UK, and I don't believe in faking my location to get a better price, so I haven't used these 50% codes at all. There were three or four books I was considering, but then I thought I might as well wait for better coupons.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #1929
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Only purchased one book during September (using Kobo 75% code) and proud of it.

I wouldn't say I am cured but it does give me temporary bragging rights.
I thought I saw a 75% coupon and was searching like crazy but could never find it....was probably for the best! lol
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #1930
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
been naughty again, ebooks by sainsburys is having daily 99p deals and i went on yesterday and bought all 7 game of thrones books and the first two cousins wars phillipa gregory books for a grand total of 8.91

somebody stop me spending please!!!
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #1931
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I can't quite help myself, but I am going to use my October 50% off coupon at Kobo to buy ONLY to fill in on series that I or my Mom are currently reading.

On the plus side, I bought and read Diabetes for Dummies (4th ed) last month - the whole thing. So, yes, it is possible for me to buy and read the whole thing immediately.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #1932
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
While the Kobo coupons are tempting, I've just found out about Sainsbury's £0.99 deals in October. I fear some of those will be too tempting to resist...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #1933
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
While the Kobo coupons are tempting, I've just found out about Sainsbury's £0.99 deals in October. I fear some of those will be too tempting to resist...
The Kobo deals are dead, and frankly I'm just as happy. They were doing bad things to the budget.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #1934
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Two from Sainsbury's and a Kobo bargain. I fear I'm letting it get out of control a bit. (The two from Sainsbury were favourite authors, but the Kobo one just looked interesting at £0.49.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #1935
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Does anyone know if Sainsbury sells to international users? I don't want to go through the whole sign-up process if they don't.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote