Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook 360°
Exclamation Zipped DOC files?

Hello,

I have a problem opening Winword DOC files if they are contained in ZIP archives. The PB360 displays them as Word Documents in the book list, however, it cannot open them.

If I have a DOC file inside a ZIP archive, it is shown in the book list like this (Details view):

Stephen King -- Gerald's Game
MS Word document 425 kB
Friday January 29 2010

The title is taken from the ZIP filename, the file type seems to be taken from the file within the archive, and the file size is the size of the ZIP archive. If I try to open such a zipped DOC, I get the following error:

"Cannot open book. Perhaps the book is damaged or protected."

If I have the same DOC unzipped in the books list, it is opened by FBReader normally.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
As Forkosigan said to you in german forum, ill post it here twice.

Try to rename file to "<title>.fb2.zip" (e.g. Stephen "King Geralds Game.fb2.zip"
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
The FBReader knows how to open zipped file. This is why you can open zipped *.fb2.zip file
FBReader can not, however, open *.doc file directly. For opening a *.doc file PocketBook uses a little Linux program called AntiWord.
If you wanted to open *.doc.zip file you would have to make a script called antiword that would unzip the file first and then run it through the built in antiword program.

This should be relatively easy to implement.
How much do you need this to be done?
*.doc files for versions of MSWord newer than version 6.0 the doc file is already compressed. For versions of Word before the 97 version you should be able to just rename the doc file to rtf file and zip it afterwards.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
I can read even *.docx files on my pocketbook 360 without zipping it...
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs