Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #22486
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Ok, got more information. I thought it was a computer class, but it was actually a math class. Also, the reason he couldn't take the test early was because he couldn't pass it, because they haven't covered the material yet. I know it sounds like a made up excuse, but all they have learned has been building up to the last few final lessons. Math builds on itself, and the test is mostly over the final material, since it will incorporate the material learned previously. The professor wasn't just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. They actually feel bad for him, or so they said. He was just so upset when he spoke to them yesterday that he didn't understand all the facts.

We aren't any happier about the situation, but it is too late to do anything about it now. He had to let the company know today if he could work something out. We have faith that something else, maybe closer to us, will come along. I am resolved that he will live a long way from us, but over 3,000 miles was stretching it. (Now watch, he will get something in Japan or somewhere like that)
I'm glad it is more understandable now, but still.. it must be so hard to have to miss the interview.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #22487
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'd still take the incomplete and go. That's just nuts. He could probably contact them and still get an interview
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #22488
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Why isn't there anyone to blame when the world turns to crap?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #22489
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Why isn't there anyone to blame when the world turns to crap?
There is always someone to blame, sometimes it's me!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #22490
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
There is always someone to blame, sometimes it's me!
Heh, not these problems.

Now for a completely unrelated rant: So today I purchased a Roku box so I could stream some Internet media to my TV. Upon returned home I plugged it in and got it all set up. Everything seemed to be working fine... That is until I tried the Blip.TV app. The second I typed a space into the search field it crashed! Tried again, another crash. So I go onto the Roku support forums, where upon I discover that this problem is not only known... It's been known for 2010! In all that time has been no attempt by either Roku or Blip to remedy this situation. This is a big problem for me since most of the media I wanted to watch was on Blip, and with the way the app was designed it's virtually impossible to find that media without searching. Sure I also wanted something that could play Amazon Prime videos without the fan noise I get from my PS3, but that wasn't as essential. I'm seriously considering taking the whole thing back to the store and asking for a refund.

Oh, and I've already tried Twonky Beam. It doesn't seem to work with Blip right now.

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-27-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #22491
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Heh, not these problems.

Now for a completely unrelated rant: So today I purchased a Roku box so I could stream some Internet media to my TV. Upon returned home I plugged it in and got it all set up. Everything seemed to be working fine... That is until I tried the Blip.TV app. The second I typed a space into the search field it crashed! Tried again, another crash. So I go onto the Roku support forums, where upon I discover that this problem is not only known... It's been known for 2010! In all that time has been no attempt by either Roku or Blip to remedy this situation. This is a big problem for me since most of the media I wanted to watch was on Blip, and with the way the app was designed it's virtually impossible to find that media without searching. Sure I also wanted something that could play Amazon Prime videos without the fan noise I get from my PS3, but that wasn't as essential. I'm seriously considering taking the whole thing back to the store and asking for a refund.

Oh, and I've already tried Twonky Beam. It doesn't seem to work with Blip right now.
So I just tried Blip on my roku to see what happens, and it SEEMS to be okay. I didn't know what to search for, so I just searched on "new " and got a list of results. Want me to try something specific? (My roku isn't latest generation, it's the LT, but I've had no problems with it. It's one of my favorite things since I don't have cable -- just netflix and amazon prime.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #22492
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

I just tried typing "new " and it crashed. It doesn't seem to matter what letters I put it, but the minute I try to add a space it sends me back to the home screen.

I've also noticed that the doesn't show ever channel either. Like I type "nostalgia" to get the nostalgia critic, but get no results.

Mine is Roku HD (model 2500R).

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-27-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #22493
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just tried typing "new " and it crashed. It doesn't seem to matter what letters I put it, but the minute I try to add a space it sends me back to the home screen.

I've also noticed that the doesn't show ever channel either. Like I type "nostalgia" to get the nostalgia critic, but get no results.

Mine is Roku HD (model 2500R).
Ha! Yep, the space crashes mine too. Any way you can find your result with just the first word, then select from the list that comes up?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #22494
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Ha! Yep, the space crashes mine too. Any way you can find your result with just the first word, then select from the list that comes up?
Based on my experience with the actual site, most of them SHOULD come up with a single word... but they're not. In fact even one word titles aren't coming up. The app seems to only be able to access a tiny portion of the Blip library. Very frustrating!

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-27-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #22495
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

[QUOTE=Dylrob;2495792]Based on my experience with the actual site, most of them SHOULD come up with a single word... but they're not. In fact even one word titles aren't coming up. The app seems to only be able to access a tiny portion of the Blip library. Very frustrating!/QUOTE]

Yes, it seems to be messed up. I deleted it. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

If you got a good deal on the roku, it really is a great way to watch amazon videos, though. Even when I just want to rent a video I usually do it from amazon and watch it through my roku. And of course the prime videos are free.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #22496
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Well I think I figured out why content isn't showing up: apparently it has to be independently approved for Roku devices.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #22497
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Quote:
Well I think I figured out why content isn't showing up: apparently it has to be independently approved for Roku devices.
Ah. So it may not work for you anyway, even without the bugs, if you can't watch what you want.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #22498
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Yeah... I wish Roku had made these limitations clear on their website's list of apps. You shouldn't have to dig through a support forum just to figure this stuff out.

I'm a little reluctant to swap out for an AppleTV, given its high price for a relatively limited set of features, but AirPlay may be my only option.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #22499
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Okay, so I ultimately did return the Roku to the store this morning. Though as it turns out that I was never actually charged for the device in the first place. The cashier apparently suspended the transaction while I was signing up for a discount debit card Thingamabob and never resumed it.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #22500
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The celebrations of the last Queen's Day/first King's Day are over, at least in the city. The neighbouring students, however, are continuing the party. I hope that by the time I go to bed it'll be over.

In truth, the last couple of their parties weren't so bad, it's the after party, when they're cleaning up (I assume) when the music is turned up and the drunk shouting begins when it gets bad. This can last until 4 to 6am. Not fun when you have to get up at 8am the next morning!

Keeping my finger crossed for a quiet night
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness