Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #241
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I have 20 fonts and no problem
Perhaps the maximum is 24 or 25 or so that
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #242
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
About fonts bugs/limit and others bugs I have opened a thread in
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #243
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entomos View Post
Ciao, nausica
i agree with manolo, ... have you tried to delete some fonts you usually avoid to use and then replace them with yours?
Ciao Entomos,
I deleted them (fonts and dictionaries) and the settings still worked.
Just a few days later the settings have stopped working.
I really don't know what happened...
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #244
Entomos
Entomos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly 256MB
O_O no words...
Entomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #245
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
With the link of the firmware, which yayo had posted , I solved all my problems. Installing and using a new option in the settings (second page - Restore Settings) has solved everything.
My reader, again, saves the settings and have the fw 1.8.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #246
Entomos
Entomos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly 256MB
I'm happy for you

Bravo yayo!
Entomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #247
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I installed the new firware and still can't read the 'about' section without looking glasses. Haven't noticed any Firefly or 6" user interface improvements sofar. It's still based on a larger screen GUI and we 're still stuck with tiny icons and the like. Or am I doing something wrong?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #248
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
am I doing something wrong?
Yep. Moaning.

(sorry)
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #249
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadja View Post
Yep. Moaning.

(sorry)
Apparently you don't have the same device as adbosch, so you don't really know what you're talking about, do you, besides being unnecessarily rude.

As you have probably understood, I totally agree with adbosch, as do a lot of the readers of this forum (including Booxtor) as far as the absolute necessity of a firmware dedicated to the firefly is concerned.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #250
stadja

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Apparently you don't have the same device as adbosch, so you don't really know what you're talking about, do you, besides being unnecessarily rude.

As you have probably understood, I totally agree with adbosch, as do a lot of the readers of this forum (including Booxtor) as far as the absolute necessity of a firmware dedicated to the firefly is concerned.
I actually have a I62HD, my girlfriend has a Firefly.

I do agree, icons are too small. BUT, I knew that before buying it because I (and every one who buy a I62HD I guess, because it's no trivial choice) documented myself.

Icons are small but for me, everything else works fine or as expected. I find myself very happy with my choice.

Booxtor is responding, when he can / want.

We now know that we can't trust him with deadline because he doesn't keep them, BUT, progress is 1) visible 2) on the way.

Constant moaning about always the same subject is unconstructive, useless and TOTALLY depressing.
You want Booxtor to give a fcuk? Give him some credits.
You want him to stop helping and forgeting this piece of hardware and go with the new one? Continue.
That's what you'll win.

You bought a piece of hardware and an OS as is. Everything else is bonus. You don't owe anything else if you don't help. You don't pay him every month.

That's my point of view, I hope am not trolling nor being unecessary rude.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #251
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I agree with you, I would just add that in software development it might be hard to guess how much time something takes. Also it is not that uncommon in some cultures to avoid say no (If you ask in Nepal whether the path leads to A, the answer is mostly yes, despite the fact where it actualy leads. ). Programmers promise to do something in certain amount of time, even thought they know it is hardly possible.

So, I would newer base my expectation on deadlines. It comes when it comes despite any deadline.

Last edited by Mono; 01-25-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #252
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Sorry guys or girls. All please be informed that the expression of disappointment is strictly unwelcome in this forum. Yippie, I'm sooo glad the new firmware hardly changes anything. Way to go, Onyx!
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 AM   #253
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
We didn't purchase a piece of plastic.
We purchased a device with a "firmware" which is something which can, and is expected to, be updated. What is read on this forum and others is customer feedback, whether positive or negative. Developers need this feedback to improve their devices' software through firmware updates and they can also enjoy the gratification of reading how their devices are appreciated. When customers mention aspects of their device that don't live up to their expectations, they are not complaining or "moaning", they are expressing their interest in the advancement of that device which is something, I am sure, the developers encourage.
It is the customers' way of "helping".
Now, if some comments tend to come up more often than others, it probably just means that they concern something more essential to a majority of customers. That's all.

People who are irritated by that, and I am sure this doesn't include the developers, can abstain from reading these forums rather than try to initiate some sterile debate about something which is inherent to the communication between customer and developer for the better advancement of a product.

And there is nothing wrong with being disappointed by a firmware which hardly changes anything. I am sure Onyx knows what they are doing (or not doing) and are able to read the constructive criticism behind that comment.

Way to go, customers !
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #254
stadja

Really inthemood you are all wrong with me. In fact I'm a developper too (not for onyx of course).

And yep I love feedback.
But there are feedbacks and feedbacks.

Feedbacking something you already know, on a firmware not announced (if you check, it's someone in the forum who found a link somewhere and not booxtor who gave it), without aknowledging what have been done, ain't no feedback.

And now, I'll shut up
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #255
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello!
I ask you if the newer PDF reader is a reliable version. (I still use the old one, and I'm pondering changing to the new release).I mean that it doesn't lose information, e. g. annotations, there aren't sudden exits etc.
Thank you!
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote