Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 03:50 AM   #16
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Do you mean file format (e.g. epub, pdf etc) or are you asking about control of the filenames?

If you means filenames then calibre allows you to specify the filename masks to be used for the "Save to Disk" and "Send to Device" options.

One thing that is not currently available that has been requested is a feature to allow a mask for the name stored inside a book as part of its metadata. That would allow items like series name and number to be added to the name displayed by readers that take their values from the file metadata. I can see this coming as soon as someone gets enough motivation to implement the feature.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 AM   #17
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Yes, I mean filenames and directories.
I changed it to
{author_sort}/[{series}{series_index:0>1s}] - {title}/{authors} - [{series}{series_index:0>1s}] - {title}
but the files on my hard drive are still in Calibre's default format.

I then tried moving my library to a new directory, but that didn't change anything.

Is there a "re-name all file names" button or function, somewhere?
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot change the filename structure used inside the Calibre library. The masks only apply when exporting files from Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Yes, I mean filenames and directories.
I changed it to
{author_sort}/[{series}{series_index:0>1s}] - {title}/{authors} - [{series}{series_index:0>1s}] - {title}
but the files on my hard drive are still in Calibre's default format.

I then tried moving my library to a new directory, but that didn't change anything.

Is there a "re-name all file names" button or function, somewhere?
The directories/files within your Calibre library are essentially off limits. Treat the library folder,sub folders and files as a black box.

The save template you changed is used during the Save to Disk feature. When you highlight books in the library and use this feature the books will be saved according to this template to a directory of your choice (hopefully a new directory).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #20
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
My guess was that Stanza would look at the filename too and use it to sort.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert