Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Red or Silver

well i was leaning toward the cybook gen3

but im getting the sony now

so silver or red?

i ask for readability not the style factor, as it will be in the house i use it.
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
well i was leaning toward the cybook gen3

but im getting the sony now

so silver or red?

i ask for readability not the style factor, as it will be in the house i use it.
Ehhh, what would the color of the casing have to do with readability? Same e-ink screen whatever color you select
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hmm, true, but your brain might think differently !! look here.

(if i were getting the 505, i would choose dark blue).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ehhh, what would the color of the casing have to do with readability? Same e-ink screen whatever color you select
Quote:
hmm, true, but your brain might think differently !! look here.
this is what i meant, some people have said on the forum that darker coloured casings can trick the eye to believing the screen is brighter/clearer than on light couloured casing (kindle ect)

Quote:
(if i were getting the 505, i would choose dark blue).
you know i havent seen one yet, most stores are selling the silver one, and john lewis have the red one in.

ill check what the sonycentre has in wakey
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I had originally tried the blue, but actually found the silver seemed to help the print "pop" more. The lighter color was also better for outside reading in the sun since it didn't get as warm as the darker colors. Just my .02
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Don't think it makes a real big difference. I compared the blue and silver side-by-side and decided on the blue as it seemed to make the letters stand out more.

Truth is, you'll be pretty happy with either color. I recommend you just go with the style you like best.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #7
Gurrchan
:|
Gurrchan doesn't litterGurrchan doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505RC
I had ordered red on eBay with 30% CB with the Live.com promo (ended up being $191 out the door).

Jeesh, the Sony Readers are SO tiny! I just never realized how small they were until I had gotten mine. I have to love the red, it's very well done. Not too strong, but just right. Exotic yet mature. :P
Gurrchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I had originally tried the blue, but actually found the silver seemed to help the print "pop" more. The lighter color was also better for outside reading in the sun since it didn't get as warm as the darker colors. Just my .02
I bought the blue one because I thought the opposite would be true.I thought reading outside the sunlight would glint off the silver too much causing reading distraction. It does get warm in the sun but I guess the case is metal and not plastic so that would have something to do with it.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
heb
Enthusiast
heb began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I just got my second reader in red to replace my broken silver one. If I could get the blue one in the UK I would have done.

This does make a difference as the lighter silver makes the screen seem a darker grey being so light.

Both are quire shiney depite being brushed and you can pick up quite a bit of glare from either.
heb is offline   Reply With Quote