Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
falbhan
falbhan began at the beginning.

Device: WM Smartphone
Conventional Magazine Subscriptions Converted to Kindle

Hi all,

Hoping to pick up a Kindle in the next few months and one of the main reasons is to cut down on all the paper. With that in mind, how do you, or can you even, switch from an existing conventional magazine subscription to a Kindle subscription?

Thanks,
falbhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't think you can - you'd need to cancel your "paper" subscription and get a new one for the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd get in touch with the magazine, make sure they have a Kindle edition, and see if they have a way of converting your subscription over. (You'd think any magazine in that position would want to be able to make it easy for you to do so, to the extent of doing it themselves for you.) Barring that, just cancel it and open the Kindle subscription (you might tell them, so they know for themselves that they are seeing a conversion as opposed to a new subscription).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
falbhan
falbhan began at the beginning.

Device: WM Smartphone
Thanks for the replies.

My hunch is that you're right HarryT, though I'm hopeful that by the time I try this that some mechanism will be in place to make the transition.

SteveJ, when the time comes I'll certainly be in touch with the magazines. Based on past experience it seems that there is a serious disconnect with most magazines in terms of customer service. But, I've been an early adopter before and so know how these battles go. A healthy dose of patience will more than likely prevail.

Thanks again for your input!
falbhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I was lucky with my Analog subscription, it expired a bit after I found out that Fictionwise offered electronic subscriptions. For me the transaction was easy.

They are two very different things. They are paid to two different parties.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert