Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
NicWest
NicWest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
str to mobi PHP

is there a project going at the mo that does this, if not any one care to play with it (with me!)

edit: let me re address that question... is there and xml/html/xhtml to mobi php project floating around and if not is anyone interested in starting one?

edit2: I'm a vaguely competent php developer if that helps

Last edited by NicWest; 11-12-2010 at 07:09 PM.
NicWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't know of any existing projects, but there's a wealth of python code in calibre for converting various formats to mobi. I'd look into installing the python extension for php so you could import existing python objects and manipulate them with php... just so you don't have to completely re-invent the wheel. There's also the MobiPerl scripts.

Of course if re-inventing the wheel is what you have in mind.... have at it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Ravenswd
Enthusiast
Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
If anyone's still interested in this... I'd like to find a PHP mobi-to-plaintext converter for checking the content of my mobi files. I self-publish, and often have books in html, ePub, and mobi formats. I'd like to write a program that will compare them all to insure that they're all in sync.
Ravenswd is offline   Reply With Quote