Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Black Friday Sales - Nook

Black Friday Sales - Nook

We're now in the holiday shopping season and sales abound. Below, you'll find current sales, Black Friday sales, Cyber Monday sales, and any other promo out there. Let me know if you find something and I'll add it to this list. Happy shopping

Nook Tablet ($249)

Nook Color ($199)
  • RadioShack -- $199 + free $20 GC
  • Staples -- $199 + free $25 GC
  • Target -- $199 + $30 GC - on sale now

Nook Touch ($99)
  • B&N -- $79 - in store only
  • Best Buy -- $80
  • Staples -- $99 + free $20 GC
  • Target -- $99 + $30 GC - on sale now

Accessories
  • M-Edge Covers
    • Best Buy -- 50% off

*Note: please read the fine print in these ads. Many items have severe quantity restrictions per store. If it says "minimum 4 per store", there's a good chance your store will only have 4 in stock. Recent trends find people camping out a day or two (and even longer) in advance to be first in line when the sales begin.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2011 at 05:18 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Wish we'd see some actual eBook sales.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BFAds' Black Friday iPhone App

Quote:
The BFAds.net Black Friday app lets you plan your Black Friday shopping trip weeks in advance as it provides you with early access to the season's best sale advertisements and deals from major retailers! Browse the ads by store or category, read the latest sale news and even create your own shopping list to take with you to the store on the big day!
It's a nice app. I have it on my iPod touch and I'm in the process of building a shopping list. Very handy to have the ads readily available.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Best Buy has some sort of "early online access" to their Doorbuster deals for Rewardzone Silver members (I bought a computer this year so that got me there). The Nook Touch for 80 bucks looks to be available through that service.

No idea yet if there'll be a limited number online like in the store... (there probably will be). No way would I go stand in line for a midnight opening just to save 20 bucks...
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Best Buy has some sort of "early online access" to their Doorbuster deals for Rewardzone Silver members (I bought a computer this year so that got me there). The Nook Touch for 80 bucks looks to be available through that service.

No idea yet if there'll be a limited number online like in the store... (there probably will be). No way would I go stand in line for a midnight opening just to save 20 bucks...
I don't shop there enough to make the Reward Zone bit worthwhile. My points expire and the odd $5 RZ Cert I get ends up expiring also.

I hope you get one at that price.
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
With B&N selling refurbished Nooks for $79 (free shipping) through eBay I can't see any reason to fight the crowds. There's even a discout on a few of the covers if buying at eBay (just a small selction though). It's available now, so not a Black Friday deal.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:48 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
With B&N selling refurbished Nooks for $79 (free shipping) through eBay I can't see any reason to fight the crowds. There's even a discout on a few of the covers if buying at eBay (just a small selction though). It's available now, so not a Black Friday deal.
Yeah, these BF deals suck. They keep getting worse each year. BF deals I plan on getting are a Sansa Clip Zip, a few 16GB mSD cards, and possibly a Kindle Touch. Non deals I'm getting are a Nook Tablet and a Samsung Galaxy Player.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I did notice some good BF deals on storage, like cards and hard drives. Of course not the most current models/sizes, but certainly good enough for many anyway.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I was hoping for something great in 32GB mSD cards; but again, no.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
You can also get the refurbished Nooks direct from B&N for $79.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/cpo-...ble/1102471846

They still list refurb Nook Colors for $149.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I suspect the reason there aren't sales on ebooks themselves is the need to recoup the hardware costs.

If the reports are accurate, the Kindle Flame is sold for less than the actual manufacturing cost. For sure it is being sold at "loss leader" prices with the anticipation that future sales of ebooks and "apps" will turn the loss into a plus.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
lachyzee
lachyzee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
See this post of mine in another thread for a pretty good BF deal on the NST:

FYI, this is an even better way to get that deal:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3585930

Nook Simple Touch $80 AC (plus about $5 shipping) and get back a $30 GC at Target
Target is selling the Nook Simple Touch for $99 and offering a $30 GC with the purchase. Offer expires 11/23/2011 at 11:59pm ET.

http://www.target.com/p/Barnes-and-N...0/-/A-13758165

You can have the $7 discount coupon applied to your cart by clicking the first link at this page: http://www.dealcatcher.com/target-coupons

After you add the $7 coupon, click this link to add the $5 coupon: http://www.a2zdeals.com/frame/23030

After you add the $5 coupon, you can go through Mastercard Marketplace link to get ANOTHER $7 off. You DON'T need a Mastercard to sign up. http://www.marketplace.mastercard.co...6/uSource/CPTS - Thanks to sadida for this info. You can rep him here: http://slickdeals.net/forums/show...stcount=96

After you do all that, don't forget 10% cashback with ShopDiscover (since the Mastercard discount is automatically applied to the order, you can use your Discover card to pay and get the Discover discount as well!)

---------------------

Staples should also have a $25 of $75 deal going, apparently, which isn't too bad.
lachyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post
See this post of mine in another thread for a pretty good BF deal on the NST:
Thanks for the info, but it's sold out online. In store purchase only, which means those other offers won't be allowed.

In store: $99 - $30 GC = $69 + any offers your credit card might offer.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
solcrystal
solcrystal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the info, but it's sold out online. In store purchase only, which means those other offers won't be allowed.

In store: $99 - $30 GC = $69 + any offers your credit card might offer.
It looks like it's back as being available as an online purchase. Hopefully you can catch it before it goes out of stock again!
solcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
BF special in-store only $79 at B&N

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK...iday/379003341
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote