Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #16
Tired
Enthusiast
Tired began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Paddle (2011)
OK, here we go:

Factory reset kindle, sync'd with amazon, checked time (no date feature) deleted all crud off it, put it in airplane mode.

Rooted with kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N-r16252, copied files & folder, updated kindle

MKK - copied Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install.bin and updated kindle

KUAL - copied KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 to /documents

Opened KUAL document, got error message. Waited 30 seconds, tried again, same error message
Tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Going to need to see those logs .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2020, 04:15 PM   #18
Tired
Enthusiast

Sorry, back again. Had some members of family pass away unexpectedly so have had to become a part time carer.

Since the last post, I've reset my kindle and followed through everything identical. I did notice one thing, the KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 & KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 in the archive file are identical sizes.

Anyway, on my screen, I see my documents, the 'You are Jailbroken' one, and 'KUAL ixtab NiLuje twobob stepk' displayed

Is there a way I can clear the log file, as it's become a silly size with all kinds of crud on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Going to need to see those logs .
Old 02-22-2020, 06:26 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're rotated automatically (quite aggressively, in fact).
Old 02-23-2020, 03:02 AM   #20
Tired
Enthusiast

Hopefully, I've uploaded the log file properly - it was over 2mb, trimmed back to a few days ago

Quote:
They're rotated automatically (quite aggressively, in fact).
Advert
Old 02-23-2020, 12:40 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Tired: You still have a KUAL Booklet installed.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #22
Tired
Enthusiast

Thankyou for coming back, I ran the uninstall bin file, and

IT WORKS!!

I don't even remember installing the bin file at all, must have done it subconsciously

Going to install KOReader next

Thankyou so much for your help

Quote:
@Tired: You still have a KUAL Booklet installed.