Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
kdsksg
kdsksg began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 6 Marvin
Calibre Companion lost my books!

Hi all, hoping that you can help.

Recently, I opened up Calibre Companion on my iPad and was greeted with... a page detailing how to get started for the first time! All of my existing books are gone! I'm not sure what's happened or how to go about fixing it, short of manually transferring all of my books over again.
The app's data usage on my iPad says that the app itself is about 24MB, with data and documents of 36MB, which is far smaller than what my library would have been, so I'm wondering if they got lost somehow (and they're floating around on my iPad somewhere), or outright deleted?
I tried offloading the app (not deleting!) and redownloading it, but that didn't jog its memory, and connecting to Calibre again doesn't seem to help either.
Has anyone experienced this, or have any suggestions for what might have happened and how to get my library back, without spending hours moving books again?

I'm using Calibre Companion 2.0.0 (1) on a 6th generation iPad running iOS 12.4
kdsksg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Did you miss this thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323070
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
kdsksg
kdsksg began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 6 Marvin
Yep...totally missed the thread. Thanks for the re-direct.
kdsksg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios, ipad