Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 01:05 AM   #1
Roguish
Roguish began at the beginning.

Device: Xiaomi A1
Bug - wrong UI language until settings opened

How to reproduce? Install Sigil on a Win10 machine in a region where the local language is not English, e.g. Thai in my case. (Windows own UI language is English, but that doesn't matter.) Start up Sigil. Note that the UI language is the region's local language (Thai in my case). This behavior itself is not a bug.

But guess what? Open up the Preferences dialog, go into the Language tab, and notice that the language is already set to English for both UI and metadata. That's strange, because the UI is not being displayed in English.

Now, without changing anything in the Language settings (so leaving them set to English), exit the Prefs and then the entire application. Start it up again. Now it's in English! Apparently the Language settings got "initialized" by going into the relevant Preferences tab.

A minor bug, I know... it's just a little inconvenience that after a new install I have to start it up, "init" the Language settings by going into the screen, closing and restarting. Just thought I'd report it.
Roguish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:06 AM   #2
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
I noticed this problem before and it should be fixed in version 1.1.0. Works well for the Polish language.

Delete the sigil.ini file and check again.
Starts Sigil, the language should switch to Thai.
And now in the Preferences you do not have UI Language as Thai?

Thai system language (th_TH) should correctly save in the configuration as:
Code:
ui_language=th
In my case, the Polish locale language in Windows (pl_PL) is saved as:
Code:
ui_language=pl
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
This definitely should have been addressed in Sigil v1.1.0.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote