Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 02:43 AM   #1
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Calibre no longer able to import from external hdd

Finally got to update to 4.1 and importing multiple books from hdd using the "add books from directories, including sub-directories" no longer sees the external I have plugged in.

I normally download books on another PC and then transfer it once a month to my pc with calibre on. Calibre was able to do this till I updated to 4.1.

I'm using Kubuntu 18.04
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to adding of books in calibre 4. And if you are on linux, presumably your external disk is mounted somewhere, so what does not seeing it mean?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My external is normally mounted as /media/user/exthdd. I can use it up to me changing to 4.1. from updating I can see my exthdd, but can't access it from inside calibre.

Meaning when I browse to /media/user it won't show my exthdd, it shows up in the paces column under removable drives, but when you select it, it won't show anything
Old 10-12-2019, 12:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That looks like an issue with the system file open dialog. Try setting CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1 environment variable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:29 AM   #5
PandathePanda
a toy panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That looks like an issue with the system file open dialog. Try setting CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1 environment variable.
That fixed it thanx
Advert