Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #706
Vermilion Scans
Vermilion Scans began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2 Pro
Hi all,

I'm planning on using my Max2 Pro as a second monitor for text editing, and I have a couple questions about whether it will work with my current laptop.

1) Does it work with linux?
2) Will it work with a laptop that doesn't have an HDMI port? (i.e. with a usb/hdmi adapter)

I'm running Debian on a Lenovo Yoga 720 15". It has no HDMI, but it does have a USB type C thunderbolt port. Will the Max2 Pro work with this laptop? I wanted to ask here before buying the adapter, as I wouldn't have any other use for it.
Vermilion Scans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #707
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabl0w View Post
Sorry for the OT, but I did figure out a little trick. If you plug in the hub and power supply into Max3 without anything else attached and then reboot, it will be charging upon boot. Then if you insert the keyboard and mouse, it still wont work, only still charging... but if you are rooted you can "echo '1' > /sys/class/power_supply/usb/usb_otg" anddddd... viola! You have charging + OTG!
Does the root program potentially have some kind of malware, though? But it's good to know that it is possible to do this. Thanks for sharing.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #708
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Out of curiosity: Does anyone tried to use Note Pro with VNC ?
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #709
diabl0w
diabl0w began at the beginning.

Device: Max3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Does the root program potentially have some kind of malware, though? But it's good to know that it is possible to do this. Thanks for sharing.
No its topjohnwu's Magisk su. Its whats used on probably 80% of all Android phones that are rooted in the world. Its free and open source and you can build the root yourself. Here's the thread at xda https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
diabl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #710
M_Faust
Connoisseur
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Max, PocketBook 912
Way to get fake display for Windows use HDMI dummy plug or:
1. Install spacedesk (server and viewer part both)
2. In viewer part Settings->Automatic Conect add yours local server s IP (Network interfaces (local) in server part). Add resolution for your device.
3. Run server, restart viewer and you got virtual display (you can see it in Windows settings).
Tested it for Win 7 x64.
Sorry for tongue-tied, I'm not well at English.

Last edited by M_Faust; 10-11-2019 at 02:08 PM.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote