Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #5101
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
All I can say is that there are 4 hours before bed and I haven't bought a book or audiobook yet in October.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #5102
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
��. I’m still buying books faster than I can read or listen
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #5103
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
There’s a lot of ebooks I want, but I haven’t bought any for a couple months. So I’m doing pretty good,
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:09 AM   #5104
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Augh! Now I find that one publisher has set lots and lots of Mystery/Crime books at £0.84 in the UK Kindle store. Including books by Jonathan Gash (Lovejoy novels) and Elizabeth Peters (Amelia Peabody novels). I'm doomed!
Over five years on, I can say that these were a good buy after all. I'm just finishing up the Amelia Peabody series, and they have been excellent.

So sometimes excellent bargains really are excellent bargains.

But I'm still trying to keep my buying under control. None bought so far this month!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #5105
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I did get my free Amazon First book. Otherwise, no purchases.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #5106
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
And I realise I missed a great opportunity back in 2014. Let me make up for it now.

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #5107
cats2books
Enthusiast
cats2books doesn't littercats2books doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 11, iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7
I can’t possibly read or listen to all the books I have accumulated. I keep telling myself that I have more than enough for now. And yet, there’s always something new and intriguing that I just must have.
cats2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #5108
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
I can’t possibly read or listen to all the books I have accumulated. I keep telling myself that I have more than enough for now. And yet, there’s always something new and intriguing that I just must have.
My self talk is "when you've read the books you've already bought, there be more JUST LIKE this one that you are seeing an ad for right now".

Or

"by the time you get around to reading it, there will be more in the series already written, or the series might even be finished".

Such self talk is only marginally helpful to keep my from purchasing
Old 10-04-2019, 10:47 PM   #5109
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
So far this year, I'm slowing down my purchases. For September, I purchased 66 ebooks with another 7 so far in October though 4 of those were from the Baen Monthly bundle and one won't arrive until March, 2020 (The Pursuit of the Pankera by RAH). At this time, I don't have a TBR pile and many of my purchases are also helping to whittle down my pbook collection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #5110
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Dang it. These $1 “entire box sets” keep getting me. I’ll never get around to reading them.