Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #1
Lori Hope
Lori Hope began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Transfer from eReader to Calibre

Dead iMac, bought new and lost all the books in Calibre. Want to know how to transfer from Sony eReader to Calibre. Have read many answers but they all relate to a *right click* option which isn't available to iMac. Would appreciate if anyone can help me with this. Many thanks
Lori Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:08 AM   #2
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Connect your device and start Calibre (make sure you tap 'Data Transfer Mode' on your Sony).
In Calibre, click on the book(s) you want to copy off of your eReader and drag them to the big 'Library' icon at the top.
Done.

It's simple drag and drop.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 05:12 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Hope View Post
Dead iMac, bought new and lost all the books in Calibre. Want to know how to transfer from Sony eReader to Calibre. Have read many answers but they all relate to a *right click* option which isn't available to iMac. Would appreciate if anyone can help me with this. Many thanks
If the hard drive is still working, you can remove that from the iMac and get an external case for it and pull your data off of it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
I don't know how the Mac interprets the Sony (in its USB Storage form), but on windows it appears exactly like an USB stick and one could use the built-in copy/paste methods to transfer books/files from one storage to another.

I always used this method as opposed to calibre.
While it's a great software, the presence of annoying bugs in other modules does not inspire me in letting calibre f***ing up the internals of my Sonies. I do not care if this happens one in a million cases, as long as this case would be exactly mine, and this will require complicated procedures to recover the ereader, if possible altogether.
I understand that iMac owners usually have also an iPhone and the access to its internal is conditioned by the use of a transfer software (like iTunes) - this causing them to think that is normal to use complicated methods, but Sony does it simply and safer by itself.

Hope it helps, although it's not really apple related.

PS: the Sony has to be set to act as a storage in order to do this drag'n'drop or copy/paste method. In windows, shift, alt and control change the drag'n'drop behaviour (and of course the internal windows wiring).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Right click is available on Mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207700
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert