Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo Touch Screen (eReader Can't Charge)

FOR PARTS. DOES NOT TAKE A CHARGE

Okeh. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I have here a perfectly working, unscratched Kobo Touch that can’t be charged. It was in the middle of booting when the last electron made its final dance. The screen froze in that state. By "perfectly working" I mean, it worked perfectly until my daughter got so frustrated with the micro USB port that she somehow managed to pop the port off of the mother board while plugging it in. So. That happened. Not so perfect anymore.

A friend who works on robotics tried to fix it. He refastened the USB port to the motherboard, then fortified it with nonconductive cool glue. We figured we could clean it up afterwards if it worked.

It didn’t work.

So if you need a screen for your old Kobo Touch, buy mine. I’m selling this eReader for parts. Make an offer.

$6 s&h includes tracking ID.
Humorous, failed science experiments are not included with the sale.

Last edited by issybird; 01-18-2019 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Huge images deleted.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:03 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I couldn't figure out how to reduce the picture sizes. They were removed by admins because they were too big. I can make the pictures available to you upon request.

~Dˢ
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Sending you a PM on the off-chance you still have this...
teija is offline   Reply With Quote