Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Does the planned EZ Reader Plus have text-to-speech feature?

I like the text-to-speech feature on PP (the English TTS is just OK, the Chinese TTS is pretty natural and good) but find the screen a little bit too small for me - I was wondering if the 6" Plus will have the Chinese TTS feature and also, when it will be available?

Last edited by Sylver; 05-08-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
No TTS yet on the PLUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
I like the text-to-speech feature on PP (the English TTS is just OK, the Chinese TTS is pretty natural and good) but find the screen a little bit too small for me - I was wondering if the 6" Plus will have the Chinese TTS feature and also, when it will be available?
Dear Sylver:

Think of the PLUS as an EZ reader Basic on steroids. They hopped it up a ton and made it way faster, with a better 16 level gray scale screen, more memory and faster in every way on loading and opening eBooks. But it is not a totally new model. As such, no Scroll Wheel or TTS is announced.

New models were due to be out by now. Those models would have a SIPix screen and that was delayed. Will the new models, when they are released, have TTS and a scroll wheel? We can hope and I can "encourage" the factory. Likely, the TTS would be enormously improved. We know the factory wants a better TTS.

Will they, at the last second, put TTS on the PLUS? We do not know. You and I like it and want it. The factory may just wait. I will let you know if I hear the slightest rumor.

Meanwhile, we are clearing out the remaining Basic inventory so we can get in the PLUS. We have a huge sale to move them out at a great value ($199 WITH a 2GB SD card and a ton of free pre-loaded classics. I hope to hell that we have the PLUS in 3-4 weeks. Our PM makes that decision.

Last edited by Robertb; 05-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert