Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
BobK99
BobK99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Frozen cursor

This seems like a Linux problem rather than a Sigil one - but it's all the same to me as I only use Linux to run Sigil.

When the system boots to the GUI (pinguy OS), the cursor is fine. But when I log in the cursor jumps to the bottom lhc of the screen. I've had a look at some Linux forums, and it seems that when I last updated/upraded packages something decided to disable the touchpad.

Does this strange behaviour ring any bells, and is there a known fix? Please speak REAL SLOW, as I have so far stuck to the GUI and know next to nothing about the cli.

b
BobK99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
:: puts on Great Karnak turban, presses forehead against original post ::

Ahh, it seems you are using a laptop, and you control the cursor with the touch pad. Further, that the cursor remains immobile in the lhc of the screen as if the touchpad has been disabled.

If that's the case, try plugging in a mouse and see if it can move the cursor.

If that works, open your system settings, and find where the mouse / touchpad are configured. Maybe there's a place to re-enable the touchpad?

In the KDE desktop, it's System Settings -> Input Devices -> Touchpad -> Enable/Disable touchpad.

Also, you might enjoy this thread, "Gregg's Nearly Interminable Adventures in Linux Land"

HTH

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
BobK99
BobK99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks. I did that and it works. I‘ll try the VDE route too - looks interesting.
Also thanks for the link.

b
BobK99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cursors, help request