Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Update book cover after changing it.

I'm probably overlooking this but I don't mess with Metadata anymore. So I'm lost.

I was given some free books through instafreebie they are missing covers. So I use "edit book" to assign the cover which is already in the file. However I can't figure out how to get the new cover to show in Calibre's cover preview. How do I get Calibre to update its cover to match the epub file's new cover?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I use the Polish Books option. Not sure if the Embed Metadata option would work as well!

You may need to go into Preferences->Toolbars and select the appropriate toolbar and then add these options as I do not believe they are there by default.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I use the Polish Books option. Not sure if the Embed Metadata option would work as well!

You may need to go into Preferences->Toolbars and select the appropriate toolbar and then add these options as I do not believe they are there by default.
What do I check in Polish book? I tried the cover option it didn't work. Calibre still has no cover. I want it to have the book's cover.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Here's what I'm doing:

I import the book with no cover
I click edit book
I click tools\ add cover
Select the cover from list
Click save book

The new cover is not updated in Calibre
When I open the book the new cover shows there but not in Calibre's little preview on the right side of the program. How do I get it to match?

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click Edit metadata, then click the cover button int he top right area of the dialog which will set the calirbe cover from the ebook file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Click Edit metadata, then click the cover button int he top right area of the dialog which will set the calirbe cover from the ebook file.
You are the man! I knew I had to be overlooking it. Thank you!!!!

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #7
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
... Okay, now it's working.

Last edited by MarjaE; 07-29-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: wasn't when I posted
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote