Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
Rickwood
Rickwood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thumbs down Changing Metadata Kindle

Hello,
I have used the mobi2mobi to change the metadata on Amazon kindle books. I have recently bought a couple that do not allow metadata to load. I suppose there has been a change to fustrate TTS re-enabling.

I have also tried Calibre.

Any ideas on this.
Rickwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Are they actually mobi books or topaz? Mobi2Mobi does not work on Topaz books.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Welcome to mobileread Rickwood
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
nomiqayum
nomiqayum is on a distinguished road

Device: KINDLE
Welcome to the place
nomiqayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Rickwood
Rickwood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
They are purchased Amazon Kindle books with AZW file extension. When I try to load metadata using the Mobi2MobiGUI-VB Edition I get an error box:

Microsoft.NET framework

Unhandled Exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and appempt to continue.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

When I proceed with Continue I get a repeat of the error box and no output file.
Rickwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Do you have Microsoft.NET framework installed on your computer? If the Visual basic version isn't working try the Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v018_Source_GPL.zip version.

I see Jad has a new v9 VB, I'm still on v6, i don't know if that makes a difference.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
They are purchased Amazon Kindle books with AZW file extension.
That doesn't help much... they could still be topaz books which mobi2mobi can't handle.
Open the AZW file in a normal text editor. If the letters TPZ0 show up at the very beginning of the file... it's a topaz book - and you're out of luck when it comes to using mobi2mobi.

'Normal' mobi files will have the text 'BOOKMOBI' very close to the beginning of the file... but I'm pretty sure you're going to find 'TPZ0'.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote