Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 07:50 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionarylover View Post
So I am in no way well versed with all this...

What exactly is the optimal first-time external hard drive to purchase? 2TB preferred...
Why 2T?
500G is a common size and typical Libraries are no where near that size.
OTOH Manga, Audio books eat drive space.
Ask yourself: "What else is this PORTABLE drive going to be used for?"
That helps determine 'How big" you really need (FWIW my main Library is only a measly 14G with very few graphic intense books and no Audio)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:54 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why 2T?
500G is a common size and typical Libraries are no where near that size.
OTOH Manga, Audio books eat drive space.
Ask yourself: "What else is this PORTABLE drive going to be used for?"
That helps determine 'How big" you really need (FWIW my main Library is only a measly 14G with very few graphic intense books and no Audio)
Can you even buy 500GB HDD nowadays? Anyway, 2TB is already at the low end of HDD pricing. Probably just $5-10 more than 1TB.

Iirc, this Prime Day I got 4TB for $80-90.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2019, 08:42 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
WD and Seagate still ship 2.5" 500GB drives - but maybe not in pretty boxes.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote