Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 01:04 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
The identifiers (for CP use) come from Calibre's DB (the visual thing you see), not from within the book as the Library copy of the book may not have the latest metadata. That is inserted on the fly, when sending to the device.

I've always used the estimate method (I did change to APNX <> ADE when my Astaks died).
Really, I only use this as a 'length' comparison. I'm not trying to match up with some particular 'Edition'. The problem with much ONLINE metadata... there is no Standards, They tend to use what was submitted. GIGO
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #17
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: lLenovo Yoya tab plus , fire HD10 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDogWhite View Post
@stumped: Well, that has sort of been my experience. It just seemed to work. And as I said in my last response, many (most?) of my books don't have OPFs.

So maybe I have messed up my customization of Count Pages.

@stumped, I assume you have for pages: use ADE algorithm?? What do you have for word count? Really, the only option is Use (or not) ICU algorithm.
yes to ADE, and yes - use ICU is ticked
stumped is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:37 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDogWhite View Post
Ohhh, thank you for showing an example of the OPF identifier! Now I understand what is missing. Not why, but at least what.

However, I'm not sure how CP ever worked in this case. I've gone back and looked at a couple other book's OPFs and none have a Goodreads identifier. In fact many books don't even have an OPF. Yet in all those cases, I was able to successfully run CP.

How/when is the OPF created? When a book is added to Calibre? Well maybe that doesn't matter. But if there is no OPF, will CP not run or always fail?

If I have a book with an OPF but the OPF does not have a Goodreads identifier, how do I get that line in the OPF? Is that a function of downloading metadata? It does not appear to be, since the metadata download does not grab from Goodreads either.
The existence or not of the OPF file in the library directories has absolutely nothing to do with how the plugin works. The Count Pages plugin, and all other plugins, use the calibre API. That gets the data from the database. The OPF files are a backup of the database. I asked to see the OPF file as an easy way to find out if you had the appropriate identifiers set.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote