Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 12:31 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssee View Post
Attachment 172662

Hope I am doing this right. This is the stylesheet.css
I looked at the stylesheet, did some cleanup (widows and orphans set to 0 is not permitted, the minimum value is 1), remove the -aw-tabstop-align and -aw-tabstop-pos items, and cleaned up the end of lines for all class entries to ;<eol>. The stylesheet seems to be okay now according to the WCS validator webpage.
Attached Files
File Type: zip stylesheet.zip (1.2 KB, 8 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
That looks like the result of a conversion (and fairly messy book code, since there are 90+ styles ).
Unless you (or someone has THEN done an edit), The CSS syntax is not your problem. Calibre writes legal stylesheets (they may not do what you want, but they are valid )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:14 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Thank ypu David.

When I check the book like you suggested, I get these 2 errors:

CSS: Property: Unknown Property name. [376:3: -aw-tabstop-align]****[stylesheet.css]
CSS: Property: Unknown Property name. [377:3: -aw-tabstop-pos]****[stylesheet.css]

Warning [1 / 2]
stylesheet.css (line: 376 column: 3)
This CSS construct is not recognized. That means that it most likely will not work on reader devices. Consider replacing it with something else.
Quote:
Attachment 172662

Hope I am doing this right. This is the stylesheet.css
That stylesheet doesn't agree with the earlier on. When I put it into a epub and ran the error check, I got:
Code:
WARNING: CSS: Property: Unknown Property name. [347:5: -aw-tabstop-align]****[page_styles.css]
WARNING: CSS: Property: Unknown Property name. [348:5: -aw-tabstop-pos]****[page_styles.css]
Similar warnings to before, but different locations. And rereading the original post, I must have read it wrong the first time. That it isn't an error but a warning. The Kobo devices will just ignore it with no problem.

We probably need to see the actual book you are having problem with to see what is wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:27 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The CSS entries for the jacket are absent, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-07-30 101243.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	172679

The one on the left is from the book I attached to post 11, the one of the right is what Odyssee posted. I can't find the styles used by the jacket, cbj_author, cbj_banner etc. No idea how, why - other than some css cleaner deleted them.

@Odyssee - try the Polish Book tool (select book and press 'P'), use the Remove a previously inserted book jacket option, and then run it again and use the Add/replace metadata as a "book jacket" page option

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:59 AM   #20
Odyssee
Enthusiast
Odyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverOdyssee exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Odyssee - try the Polish Book tool (select book and press 'P'), use the Remove a previously inserted book jacket option, and then run it again and use the Add/replace metadata as a "book jacket" page option

BR
Thank you all once again for all the help. This really is a great forum with kind helpful people.

BetterRed, I did what you suggested (polish book etc) and ................... it did the trick! The metadata was inserted and I see everyting on my reader as well as in ADE. Problem solved. Great! Thanks again.
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote