Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
c0c01
c0c01 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Kindle DX screen. Can you connect to other models of Kindle motherboard?

I was wondering if it was possible to successfully connect the larger Kindle DX screen to the motherboard of any another Kindle model (e.g. K4NT) so that i could use the larger screen in a display project.

I would like a jailbroken Kindle to be able to use any (possibly third party) bigger than 6" e-ink display.

I am aware that some of the Kindle models have the chip that drives the screen mounted on the ribbon cable but i am not sure whether any of the cables would be a physical fit and i am guessing it wouldn't be as simple as connecting to the motherboard and it working out the box due to different screen ratios and other factors etc.

Is anyone able offer any advice re this?

Thanks in advance.
c0c01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I don't have a DX to check for sure, but most likely "no"
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle dx, larger screen, picture frame