Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Bluetrue
Bluetrue began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 1 and Kindle 2
Kindle DX weak wireless connection vs Kindle 2

I have a Kindle DX and a Kindle 2. I noticed that I get 4 bars for the wireless signal strength on the 2 but usually only 1 bar on the DX. I also had a Kindle 1, which I recently sold, and that also had 4 bars. Has anyone else had this problem? I am wondering if there is something wrong with my DX.
Bluetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #2
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
My DX is on part with my K2's wireless, both show full service. I dont' live near any dead zones though so I can't help you with testing non-ideal conditions. I'm very interested though.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've not noticed any difference in Whispernet strength on my DX - I suggest calling Customer Service about it - but be aware there are no replacement DX's available until August. So if you can live with it until then, you might want to delay returning it.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote