Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 06:26 AM   #121
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
It doesn´t work on Forma, when i change the Mode (left/right Hand) the clock crash!
Sorry when i slide forward or back the clock comes back, all fine now!

Last edited by jamalau; 11-09-2018 at 07:06 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #122
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Miniclock works fine for me switching from left to right you just may need to advance a page or bring up the menu bar.

It also detects landscape and displays at the same x,y cords in the new rotation. This might be because I’m using a Forma which supports this natively and not through a patch. But it uses the TrueType font settings. Granted the x cord would need to be changed to display it in the same spot you want since you’re going to have a different layout in landscape.

I’m not sure if it’s something you can tie into miniclock but the static orientation modes are (as near as I can find in the dev settings) called inverted portrait and inverted landscape. This looks the device into the given orientation and just allows for flips from top to bottom.

Not sure how the patch adds the functionality to previous devices but it’s gotta be a setting file somewhere.

Of course that doesn’t mean miniclock can see it or differentiate the changes.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #123
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Last night I watched the Goodereader review of the Paperwhite 4 and they pointed out that one of the settings is a toggle switch to turn on an in book clock. (I forget at what point they show it. Sorry.)

I immediately thought of this thread.

ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #124
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@LucyOne: That may be a side-effect on the landscape patch on non-Forma device (well, not the patch itself, but, well, you get the idea).

Unless you have shell access to do a few tests to confirm things, assume things will *NOT* behave in landscape mode on devices other than a Forma.

(i.e., I *know* the Forma does rotation right, but I have no idea what happens on other devices. If it's a software rotation, you're screwed forever and ever because there'll be no way to detect it. If it's a broken hardware rotation, that'll be annoying but potentially fixable).

In any case, rotation handling is already a massive mess, I don't want to dive into this for a patch if there's a chance it'll hit mainstream FW, where it'll probably be implemented like on the Forma (one would hope).

TL;DR: Not a miniclock issue. It rightly assumes (0, 0) is the top-left of the screen, if it isn't, blame NTX and their crazy native rotations.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2018 at 11:55 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #125
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I don't have shell access.
I guess I'll try out some different values for the bitmap clock to get it to the bottom of the screen.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #126
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That shouldn't make a difference, it's just that the screen is (probably) inherently lying about where (0, 0) actually is, bitmap/ot won't change that fact .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:25 AM   #127
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have testet it yesterday evening, and it works not well on my Forma, when i use the swipe gestures to go forward or back , the clock is displayed, but when i use the Funktionkeys, the clock disappeares, until i use the gestures again, then the clock displayed again.

Last edited by jamalau; 11-10-2018 at 04:18 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #128
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So... there is this new, really practical patch for activating nightmode via a check box in the settings, but it does not use the settings in nightmode.ini to do this. I assume it uses the settings in Kobo eReader.conf.

That means that the miniclock stays black on white as in the normal screen and does not invert colours. @frostschutz: Would it be possible to refer the miniclock to the invertScreen settings in Kobo eReader.conf so that it checks the status there?

More about the patch here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=83
Old 11-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #129
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can point miniclock to look at any file / setting / value for that reason... it should work if you tell it what to look for in the miniclock.cfg
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #130
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
So... there is this new, really practical patch for activating nightmode via a check box in the settings, but it does not use the settings in nightmode.ini to do this. I assume it uses the settings in Kobo eReader.conf.

That means that the miniclock stays black on white as in the normal screen and does not invert colours. @frostschutz: Would it be possible to refer the miniclock to the invertScreen settings in Kobo eReader.conf so that it checks the status there?
You will need to edit the nightmode parameters in your miniclock.cfg file:
Code:
nightmode_file=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
nightmode_key=InvertScreen
nightmode_value=true
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #131
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Thanks guys, I figured out the code by myself after Frostschutz's hint It works.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #132
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
It works.
great
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #133
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
no, fbink is included... so just drop the KoboRoot.tgz onto the Kobo
@frostschutz

I put the tgz to .kobo. I mean the KoboRoot-MiniClock-20181105b.tgz. Must I rename it to KoboRoot.tgz? I was not sure. I rebootet the Clara. But because I saw no effect, I saw now Clock at the bottom, I rebooted the Clara again. Must be somthing went wrong. Now its on, and its frozen. What can I do? How can I wake it up? Perhaps there is something, I did misunderstand?

Last edited by famfam; 11-12-2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: complement
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #134
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

You must rename the file, otherwise nothing will be installed.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #135
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
You must rename the file, otherwise nothing will be installed.
@LucyOne
OK. And it seems, that it works with Clara, not with Kobo Touch N905. Is that right?
And with my frozen Clara: Do I have to wait, until the battery is empty, or is any other way to wake it up?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote