Old 05-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
MildBill
Enthusiast
MildBill doesn't litterMildBill doesn't litter

Device: Probably the Nook
Feature Request: 'Startup' Sort Button

I have my 'startup sort' set as follows:
sort_columns_at_startup = [('authors', 0), ('series', 0), ('title', 0)]
This works fine, and is how I want to view my list most of the time. But, when I do a search, or use the quality-check, for instance, it changes the sort of the list, and the only way to get it back to what I set as startup sort is to restart Calibre. Sorting by individual columns does not carry over the previous sort the way the triple sort does at startup.
Would it be possible to put a button on the user interface somewhere that would resort according to whatever the user has a startup sort?

Thanks,
MildBill
MildBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You can use the View Manager plugin, and assign a shortcut key to restore a sort/set of view columns at any time. I setup my default view and assigned it to Ctrl+1 to quickly get back after any actions I do that affect ordering.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
MildBill
Enthusiast
MildBill doesn't litterMildBill doesn't litter

Device: Probably the Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
You can use the View Manager plugin...
OK, that will work.

Still, be nice if it didn't take a plugin for just that.

MildBill
MildBill is offline   Reply With Quote