Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #31
tedtcf
tedtcf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up k3 cover and light

Just received my blue cover package was great, leather cover is top quality, easy to install cover, my only hope it doesen't drain the battery to quickly.
Anybody know what we should expect about battery use on this package?
tedtcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #32
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtcf View Post
Just received my blue cover package was great, leather cover is top quality, easy to install cover, my only hope it doesen't drain the battery to quickly.
Anybody know what we should expect about battery use on this package?
Somebody (sorry can't remember who or what thread) calculated that you could read for approx 21 hours non-stop with the light on. So based on the fact that you're unlikely to use the light that often (I probably use it for an hour or so each night) then the drain on battery shouldn't be a big issue.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I haven't had any problems with the light draining the battery, although I've only used the light a couple of times. I do really love the lighted cover, however. So very convenient.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #34
xmiyux
Enthusiast
xmiyux doesn't litterxmiyux doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Does the Kindle seem a little loose in the case to anyone else? I have it locked in and it seems like there is a tiny bit of "floppiness" on the right side of the device and I wonder if it puts any pressure flexing on the contacts.
xmiyux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #35
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
Does the Kindle seem a little loose in the case to anyone else? I have it locked in and it seems like there is a tiny bit of "floppiness" on the right side of the device and I wonder if it puts any pressure flexing on the contacts.
Are you certain it's locked onto the hinges properly? If you can see any gold on the hinges then it isn't on right - when it is locked on right you just see black on the hinge parts.

Mine does not feel loose at all.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert