Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #61
mby90300
mby90300 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfarren View Post
Hi, this is Alberto Armandi Director of Enso Limited. We can ensure that we are starting shipping imminently, within the next 2 days all customers will receive their tracking numbers. If you really want to ask for a refund you can place a chargeback request with your credit card company as per the instructions mentioned in our latest blog post.
Thanks
Hello,
I'm happy to hear at last something from Enso !

I have still sent (a lot of) requests to the canceled@enso-now.com address, but with absolutely no result !

Yes, I would be refund from my payment done in April 7th.
Paypal order number is : 5AP876006K015802W from Michel BEGEY,
Amount = $335,00 USD to Enso Ltd. (info@enso-now.com)

Regards,
mby90300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #62
jjfarren
jjfarren began at the beginning.

Paypal does not like chargebacks

They obviously do not like chargebacks, because they cost them money.
But is excessive to say that placing a chargeback on a purchase will jeopardize your paypal account. I never heard about that. They are simply refusing our requests to refund those customers requesting them. Which other option do you suggest ? Thanks. Alberto Armandi ( and call me like that please, jjfarren is just an username, you know. )
jjfarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #63
jjfarren

Paypal does not like chargebacks

But is excessive to say that placing a chargeback on a purchase will jeopardize your paypal account. I never heard about that. They are simply refusing our requests to refund those customers requesting them. Which other option do you suggest ? Thanks. Alberto Armandi ( and call me like that please, jjfarren is just an username, you know. )
Old 07-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #64
mby90300

Hello Alberto Armandi,

I sent you just a private message for trying to find a arrangement.
You should answer me on the same way ...

Thanks again for the help.
Regards,
Michel.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #65
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Quote:
How about you issue them refunds?

If you were a legitimate company, that wouldn't be a problem.

Instead you are giving people bad advice, that breaks their agreement with paypal, because you now have an agenda against Paypal who put an end to your "pre-order an item that doesn't exist" scam.

If I could count the number of times you've promised that items were shipping......but customers didn't see them...

And then all the feature promises...that also turned out to be false....

Back on May 31st, Engadget reported you had, yet again, promised to be shipping them by June 10th.

And here we are a month later, with...you guessed it...yet another promise to ship.

Frankly, you would be behind bars if you lived in the United States.

Thankfully most of us were smart enough to get our refunds while Paypal was still able to keep you from ripping us off.

Frankly, Alberto, if you told me the sky was blue, I would go outside and double check, because of your track record.

I apologize to the rest of the board for the tone of this message, but this guy is just laughable, and I am 110% convinced that every time he comes somewhere and pretends to be just a "struggling businessman" who is honestly trying to make this work, is just yet another attempt to keep this scam going on as long as he can milk it and maybe scam a few more people.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 AM   #66
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Angry Failed shipping promises...

We will start with the initial promise that items were shipping as soon as people could order them, back in March I believe? And as it turns out, you didn't even have an arrangement made with the manufacturer to even purchase units. They knew nothing about you except that you had gotten a sample unit.

Then lets look at what you've said since then.... and how factual you have been.

05/08/2010:
"we are starting to ship put the first batch of devices.

Priority will be assigned to those customers who ordered earlier, so those who ordered recently will experience a small delay.

Please allow a couple of days to coordinate operations. A second batch of devices will come on the following week.
We expect to ship out all the orders received in a 15 days timeframe. "

Then a week later: 05/15/2010
Shippings will effectively start on Tuesday.
(Tuesday would have been 05/18/2010)

Now jump to:
06/01/2010
"There have been additional delays regarding the manufacturing process but everything is solved and delivery is scheduled for the next 10 days"

A day later he had the temerity to discuss coming out with a second product......

On 06/03/2010
"Now shippings have started and we are left with a mess of refund requests, transactions with no payments and some others situations not clear."

On 06/04/2010
"We sincerely hope this will give some peace of mind to those who think we are just criminals. "

You posted random tracking numbers, that supposedly were for shipped zenpads, but could just as easily have been from ebay auctions for something else entirely. I state this because...well...no one seems to have gotten any Zenpads by those dates....

On 06/25/2010
"Because of logistic problems with their touch panel suppliers, the manufacturer of our zenPads, Shenzhen Micro State Technology, aka SMIT, delayed again the second and final batch delivery of zenPads to July 9."

Surprise surprise...

"On July10 our logistic company in Hong Kong will ship ALL the devices together, in the same day."

07/03/2010
"i just want to reassure anyone that shippings will be out on 10 July. There will be no more delays. "

07/13/2010
"We are happy to announce that the second and last batch of zenPads has been delivered and shippings are on their way."

Which brings us to today...it seems your promise to have mailed the supposed last batch of Zenpads out by July 10th, and then again on July 13th....well now it turns out that didnt get to your warehouse until the 16th.

Sorry Alberto, but I just don't believe you have an honest bone in your body.

I really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when this whole mess started, but you have just told lie after lie after lie.

Will you now blame me, as you blamed Edgadget when they called you out for your fabrications?

You promised them a review unit on five separate occasions beginning in early April, and you missed each deadline that you had set for yourself. Finally they gave up, and then low and behold out of nowhere a demo unit arrived near the end of May. And what do you know, it lacked promised features.

Let's start with the OS. Android 1.6 was what you touted, and what did it come with? Android 1.5.

And then as a supposedly apology for the (at that time) 1 month delay, you promised the devices would be upgraded to Eclair.

The promised Digital Compass? Nope, not there.

Video Format support? Failed to support a SINGLE format listed on the spec sheet on your site.

The images on your site of the OS running? Doctored, there was no where near the screen real estate the images implied there would be.

The touchscreen? Even with the stylus, it performed horribly. don't like a Stylus, and want to use your thumb? Good luck.

No no accelerometer, and when you go to manually change the orientation...the software is screwed up and gives you the wrong format.

USB and SD Card support? Good luck, they were both so problematic, it may as well have not had the support at all.

There are devices already out at almost half the price, with larger and better designed touchscreens, that are head and shoulders above this one.

Even if it turns out they are finally delivering their vaporware product (Something I still doubt myself) this product is not worth half the price.

Last edited by jalandar; 07-16-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #67
mby90300

I did a Paypal contention request, but it was refused because the 45 days delay was out.
But they explained me that it should be possible anyway to do something, if other people are claiming about the same company in the 6 coming months ...
Therefore I suggest that - if you are in the same situation than me - you do the same by Paypal.
Please let me know how many we are !

Regards,
Michel.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #68
jalandar
Connoisseur

Fortunately both mine and my mother's orders were within the 45 day periods when we concluded that there was a great chance this was a scam, so we got our refunds fairly easily.

I hope you get it resolved, mby90300. One thing you have going for you, is that Paypal security is very aware of this situation and the facts of the case.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #69
mby90300

Not sure that Paypal is aware on that !

I received - at least - from Enso an answer to my many cancelation requests: Here is the text :

Hello Mr Begey,
Here are the options you have for getting a refund :
1) wait until 7 Oct 2010, the day when Paypal will unlock our funds, and then we will proceed to refund your payment.
2) Call your credit card company ( if you paid with such method ) and place a chargeback request over that particular transaction. We will be surely charged additional fees if you choose this way.
Thanks for your patience
Enso Staff

Seams really a fraud, because 7 oct 2010 corresponds exactly to the 180 days delay after witch I would lost any chance to request something by Paypal !
And Paypal seams not so aware about Enso problems, because they refused my contention request until now ... Hope it will change !
Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #70
jjfarren

Enso is not a scam

I can ensure all of you that i never meant this a scam or whatever you can call it. Initially i had placed some lots of zenPads for sale on eBay, and i had agreements regarding such quantities of items with SMIT, but after Engadget sudden post everything changed, i was never asked by them if we had enough stock to cover a lot of orders before. This situation clearly leaded to what happened. Since the start i tried starting up the business with limited resources, so the amounts of sales that Engadget procured totally blown me out. And i don't know about you, but if you have tried dealing with chinese factories, well it's not easy, there's always that goes wrong. Add the delay to find some investors willing to put real money to place the order with SMIT, because we never have been able to use the money on Paypal, yes, do not worry, it is all still there, in their bank account. Kept safely.
Anyway after we found the investors we placed the order with SMIT, and not only they waited about two 2 weeks ( the amount of time that usually takes a wire transfer from bank to bank, from italy to china, and generally overseas ) to start production ( but they agreed with me on the phone that a receipt of the payment would be fine to start, i did so but the reality is that they waited), since they wanted to be sure we were actually sending them real money. They also delayed more telling us that their touch panel suppliers got a big order and placed our small one on hold, but finally all this odyssey ended. Our goods are safe in a Hong Kong warehouse now and in the hands of a serious logistics company that is handling the shippings.
Today i sent them the shipping addresses list of the people that still wants the zenPad without 3G or ordered it so.
This week the zenPads will be out for real, believe it or not
Regarding our new products, we have a new manufacturer for them, and deeply different agreements, we will be able to ship 30 days after we sold the 100 pieces slots on our website. This time we are being clear since the start.
I really hope that people can change opinion about us, because we are just some guys who wants to start a business, and we are motivated and passionated. Troubles can happen to anyone.
We do not want to repeat our mistakes. We understand that we created a big mess with Paypal.
They ( Paypal ) told us that the funds will be released in 180 days, around 8 oct 2010, at that time we would proceed with all refunds. At the moment with do not have financial ability to do so, since Paypal blocked ALL of our funds.
The orders without 3G are going out this week, i already delivered the shipping addresses list to the logistic company and the shippings are imminent. Tracking numbers will be mailed to each customer.

Alberto Armandi

Last edited by jjfarren; 07-19-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #71
jjfarren

Most of the things Engadget stated in their review are not exxagerated

It turns out that other sites reviewed our product and honestly, i would not call what Engadget released, a "review", they just wanted to put us down even more, because we clearly made them lose face a bit with the paypal scandal/mess .
You can read a real review here http://www.multimediawereld.be/compu...-zenpad-review
but you have to translate from dutch to english.
Most of the problems Engadget mentioned are ovestated. The device is actually pretty good.

Bests
Alberto Armandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalandar View Post
We will start with the initial promise that items were shipping as soon as people could order them, back in March I believe? And as it turns out, you didn't even have an arrangement made with the manufacturer to even purchase units. They knew nothing about you except that you had gotten a sample unit.

Then lets look at what you've said since then.... and how factual you have been.

05/08/2010:
"we are starting to ship put the first batch of devices.

Priority will be assigned to those customers who ordered earlier, so those who ordered recently will experience a small delay.

Please allow a couple of days to coordinate operations. A second batch of devices will come on the following week.
We expect to ship out all the orders received in a 15 days timeframe. "

Then a week later: 05/15/2010
Shippings will effectively start on Tuesday.
(Tuesday would have been 05/18/2010)

Now jump to:
06/01/2010
"There have been additional delays regarding the manufacturing process but everything is solved and delivery is scheduled for the next 10 days"

A day later he had the temerity to discuss coming out with a second product......

On 06/03/2010
"Now shippings have started and we are left with a mess of refund requests, transactions with no payments and some others situations not clear."

On 06/04/2010
"We sincerely hope this will give some peace of mind to those who think we are just criminals. "

You posted random tracking numbers, that supposedly were for shipped zenpads, but could just as easily have been from ebay auctions for something else entirely. I state this because...well...no one seems to have gotten any Zenpads by those dates....

On 06/25/2010
"Because of logistic problems with their touch panel suppliers, the manufacturer of our zenPads, Shenzhen Micro State Technology, aka SMIT, delayed again the second and final batch delivery of zenPads to July 9."

Surprise surprise...

"On July10 our logistic company in Hong Kong will ship ALL the devices together, in the same day."

07/03/2010
"i just want to reassure anyone that shippings will be out on 10 July. There will be no more delays. "

07/13/2010
"We are happy to announce that the second and last batch of zenPads has been delivered and shippings are on their way."

Which brings us to today...it seems your promise to have mailed the supposed last batch of Zenpads out by July 10th, and then again on July 13th....well now it turns out that didnt get to your warehouse until the 16th.

Sorry Alberto, but I just don't believe you have an honest bone in your body.

I really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when this whole mess started, but you have just told lie after lie after lie.

Will you now blame me, as you blamed Edgadget when they called you out for your fabrications?

You promised them a review unit on five separate occasions beginning in early April, and you missed each deadline that you had set for yourself. Finally they gave up, and then low and behold out of nowhere a demo unit arrived near the end of May. And what do you know, it lacked promised features.

Let's start with the OS. Android 1.6 was what you touted, and what did it come with? Android 1.5.

And then as a supposedly apology for the (at that time) 1 month delay, you promised the devices would be upgraded to Eclair.

The promised Digital Compass? Nope, not there.

Video Format support? Failed to support a SINGLE format listed on the spec sheet on your site.

The images on your site of the OS running? Doctored, there was no where near the screen real estate the images implied there would be.

The touchscreen? Even with the stylus, it performed horribly. don't like a Stylus, and want to use your thumb? Good luck.

No no accelerometer, and when you go to manually change the orientation...the software is screwed up and gives you the wrong format.

USB and SD Card support? Good luck, they were both so problematic, it may as well have not had the support at all.

There are devices already out at almost half the price, with larger and better designed touchscreens, that are head and shoulders above this one.

Even if it turns out they are finally delivering their vaporware product (Something I still doubt myself) this product is not worth half the price.

Last edited by jjfarren; 07-19-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #72
jalandar
Connoisseur

Quote:
Most of the things Engadget stated in their review are not exxagerated
The title of that last comment you made is what I quote above.

Looks like a possible Freudian slip to me (I left the misspelling in place for exaggerated).

In any event, I caution anyone ever dealing with this person. This had and still has scam written all over it. And with this guy's history of past failures, I would just take a lot of caution with regard to his current and future ventures.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #73
Franky
Nameless Being

who don't you look at the Pandigital Novel. that looks serious cool for just 199 bucks. í just looked at the website and now i'm hoping somebody can give some reviews about it...
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #74
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
SlateDroid forums has one dedicated to the PanDigital Novel. It's a very active community of veteran & first time hackers.
Cheers,
kev
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #75
dspeers
dspeers began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle, ZenPad
Received my ZenPad

After much waiting, yesterday I received my ZenPad from Enso. It would appear that this was not a scam, but a start-up that seriously underestimated the logistical difficulties of manufacturing and shipping a device, had some bad press resulting in greater challenges with unhappy customers, and was unwise in public statements that they made.

However, the device is real and I have it in my hands. Yes, it's 1.5, and it appears there will be no way to upgrade it. The screen took some getting used to, but seems more responsive today than yesterday (could just be me learning how to use it).

They also included a car mount for the windshield at no extra charge. So, I can tether it to my MiFi and use it as a GPS, very cool. Perfect size screen for this.

Despite the troubles they had and the long waits, I am a happy customer.
dspeers is offline   Reply With Quote