Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Got to Show Off My nook Today

Today, I went to my brother's house for his wife's famous family Christmas brunch. I got to show off my nook -- and people were actually interested. Even my brother seemed interested, and he usually scoffs at gadgets.

Of course, the most common question was "Is that a Kindle?"
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations on getting it in time for Christmas.

Question: Did it arrive before the software update? If so, can you tell the difference?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Congratulations on getting it in time for Christmas.

Question: Did it arrive before the software update? If so, can you tell the difference?
No, I had an update waiting for me already. (I got 1.1.1.) So I let it download that while it charged up the first time. It seemed to take a while, but I didn't want to be on that floor anyway because Dad was having his afternoon snore. A couple of times, he was so loud that I was afraid that he was going to break the screen.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
but I didn't want to be on that floor anyway because Dad was having his afternoon snore. A couple of times, he was so loud that I was afraid that he was going to break the screen.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
cashthedog
cashthedog began at the beginning.

Device: none
Critteranne
How do you like your Nook so far? I might get one too....
cashthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Critteranne
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashthedog View Post
Critteranne
How do you like your Nook so far? I might get one too....
I like it so far. It was giving me a few problems yesterday because I couldn't get onto the network -- but on Christmas Eve, it was fine. Today, I was able to buy a book from a moving car in a somewhat rural county. (Don't worry, I wasn't driving.) I'm still getting used to the interface, but buying stuff sure is easy.

I don't know how it compares to the Sony or Kindle families because my previous ebook reader was an eBookwise, and before that, a Palm, so I'm a little behind the times.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Congrats on getting a kindle.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
Didn't like it

I went to a Barnes and Noble and took about a 1/2 hour to play with the Nook. I didn't like the slow response of the LCD screen... it seemed very very slow. You would think that they would have the best of the show at the store which sells the device. Also, the page turns were very slow, and I could only increase the font size to about 14 or 16 point. For now, I'm sticking with my Irex Iliad - old but reliable!
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote