Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
xUnleashed
xUnleashed began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader PRS-600
Question about organizing library?

I am currently interested in the Sony E-Reader 600, but have a question about organizing your library. After you download a book from EPUB (or anywhere), do you have the access to change the title/author so that it is correct when it appears on your e-book reader? I heard that you cannot do it at all with the Sony software, but with calibre you can. Although I have also saw that it isn't possible at all. I am very organized and hate having my reader looking very disorganized with the titles being all formatted the wrong way.

Just trying to get an answer and if it is possible, how do you do it?
xUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Welcome to mobilread, xUnleashed!

You can change metadata through calibre. Add your book to the calibre library, then select edit meta information to edit the author's name, the book's title, and anything else you need. You can also add tags to the book, which are then translated to collections in the reader, so that you keep your books organised.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #3
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
most of the epubs will have the correct metadata. however, the Reader's software is stupid and broke, and doesn't correctly read the "file-as" author attribute for correct sorting. so, it sorts on the display name, which of course, makes it ordered by first-name. it's stupid, really stupid.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
xUnleashed
xUnleashed began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader PRS-600
Thanks! I will hopefully be checking out the E-Readers today when I stop in at Borders.
xUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote