Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
HD+ frozen at 99%

Could use some help....our new since last month Nook HD+ was working fine when I used it last night. My little girl opened the case this morning and tried to drag her profile to open it. I'm not sure if it went into reboot at that time, but when she handed it to me, it was on the 99% screen. And is still there. I have turned it on and off a couple times, plugged it into the outlet, plugged it into the charger, nothing is working. I took the SD card out and restarted it, also. It goes up to 99% and stops there.

Can anyone help?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
You might consider trying the "8-failed reboots" recovery procedure which works on the older Nook ST/NC/NT and purportedly on the HD/HD+:

With the Nook in the power-off state, power it on, then as soon as the boot screen appears hold down the power button until it powers off. Do this 8 times, and (assuming stock recovery has not been replaced with CWM recovery) the Nook should go into stock recovery to revert to factory-fresh state (in which case all user downloaded apps & contents would be lost).
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Could use some help....our new since last month Nook HD+ was working fine when I used it last night. My little girl opened the case this morning and tried to drag her profile to open it. I'm not sure if it went into reboot at that time, but when she handed it to me, it was on the 99% screen. And is still there. I have turned it on and off a couple times, plugged it into the outlet, plugged it into the charger, nothing is working. I took the SD card out and restarted it, also. It goes up to 99% and stops there.

Can anyone help?
Solution copied from the B&N forum:

Press power button and 'n' button for 30 seconds. This does a soft reset. After that it should load up fine.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks....power and n didn't do anything. So I started on the 8 failed reboots and it only took doing it once to bring up a box about factory reset. So that's what it's doing now.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Thanks....power and n didn't do anything. So I started on the 8 failed reboots and it only took doing it once to bring up a box about factory reset. So that's what it's doing now.
Did this work out for you? Just got my HD+ over the weekend and it is good to know what to do if I ever run into trouble.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, it worked great! Though in hindsight, I wonder if just pressing "no" or "cancel" (whatever it said), instead of continuing to reset to factory defaults, might have been enough to jog it out of it's frozen state.

No further problems, though no one has played any games on it, since then.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So I started on the 8 failed reboots and it only took doing it once to bring up a box about factory reset.
I think it's because your previous failed attempts at resuscitation (by turning the tablet on/off) get counted toward the threshold "8". A brief description of this recovery process can be found here.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thank you for explaining the "8 boots" reset (I wasn't doing it correctly). It worked for me and restored stock to version 2.0.6. I downloaded the latest upgrade (2.1.1) and I'll install it now.
Thanks again.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
Thank you for explaining the "8 boots" reset (I wasn't doing it correctly). It worked for me and restored stock to version 2.0.6. I downloaded the latest upgrade (2.1.1) and I'll install it now.
Thanks again.
Glad to hear it solved your problem.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
According to a message on the B&N forum the recent 2.1.1 firmware update fixed this problem.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote