Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #1291
CyberCrisis
CyberCrisis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fanfiction.net has change some of there webpage coding again in an updated. So the downloader is having problems with it agian. If you go to the main page it tell you that there has be change to there webpage. A new texture has been added.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:57 PM   #1292
czerynon
czerynon began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.2
It seems that the people at ff.net removed the id "gui_table1i" from the table with the story metadata, so when FFDL try to look up the node with that id, it finds nothing.
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #1293
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Yep. They changed some stuff again.

Attached is a version that fixes the apparent problem, but I haven't tested it very thoroughly to make sure nothing else is broken--so use it at your own risk. I plan to have a new version sometime tomorrow morning.

UPDATE Apr 1, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions, fix is released.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-01-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #1294
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.7.20 - 01 Apr 2013
  • Another fix for fanfiction.net changes.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #1295
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Well, they're called site-specific metadata, so that's a hint.

If you look through the defaults.ini (button at the bottom of the personal.ini tab) you find:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
## AO3 adapter defines a few extra metadata entries.
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freeformtags,freefromtags,ao3categories,comments,kudos,hits,bookmarks,collections
Those are the site-specific metadata available for archiveofourown.org.
Hi,

I was able to get this to work with archive of our own, and I was curious to know if I could use the same custom column for fanfiction.net and archive of our own? or do I need to make two custom columns for both websites? I sort of wanted all reviews to be in one column but nothing I've tried has made it work.

Amalthia
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #1296
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I was able to get this to work with archive of our own, and I was curious to know if I could use the same custom column for fanfiction.net and archive of our own? or do I need to make two custom columns for both websites? I sort of wanted all reviews to be in one column but nothing I've tried has made it work.
Yes.

Excerpted from plugin-defaults.ini:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freeformtags,freefromtags,ao3categories,comments,kudos,hits,bookmarks,collections

[www.fanfiction.net]
extra_valid_entries:reviews,favs,follows
(The names for site-specific metadata reflect what each site calls them.)

So now you know that it's 'comments' on archiveofourown.org and 'reviews' on www.fanfiction.net. Assuming your custom column is #reviewcount, in your personal.ini you can do:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
custom_columns_settings:
 comments=>#reviewcount

[www.fanfiction.net]
custom_columns_settings:
 reviews=>#reviewcount
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #1297
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test version with fixes for a drag-n-drop issue and for changes to the dark-solace.org/elysian site.

UPDATE Apr 4, 2013 - Update test version for proper handling of is_adult.

UPDATE Apr 5, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-05-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #1298
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
FF.net

As always loving this plug-in!

I have the 4/1 version of the plug-in (and have restarted Calibre) but I am still having trouble downloading from FanFiction.net. I've tried several different stories with no luck. And example is below.

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5895445/1/
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #1299
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessifanfic View Post
I have the 4/1 version of the plug-in (and have restarted Calibre) but I am still having trouble downloading from FanFiction.net. I've tried several different stories with no luck. And example is below. ...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5895445/1/
It's working for me.

It's possible ffnet has changed again, but not on all servers yet. If that's the case, I'll see it in while.

But it's also possible the plugin install failed for you. Check the FFDL About box and make sure you have v1.7.20.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #1300
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
Thumbs up

Quote:
It's working for me.

It's possible ffnet has changed again, but not on all servers yet. If that's the case, I'll see it in while.

But it's also possible the plugin install failed for you. Check the FFDL About box and make sure you have v1.7.20.
Wow, ok, that is what it is. I restarted the app (again) and this time it showed the right version number. I am good to go now. Thanks so much!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #1301
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Yes.

Excerpted from plugin-defaults.ini:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

[www.fanfiction.net]
extra_valid_entries:reviews,favs,follows
(The names for site-specific metadata reflect what each site calls them.)

So now you know that it's 'comments' on archiveofourown.org and 'reviews' on www.fanfiction.net. Assuming your custom column is #reviewcount, in your personal.ini you can do:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
custom_columns_settings:
 comments=>#reviewcount

[www.fanfiction.net]
custom_columns_settings:
 reviews=>#reviewcount
This worked! Thank you.

I had trouble the first time because I only had [fanfiction.net] in the brackets and apparently you need the www.fanfiction.net to make it work.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #1302
Amalthia
Wizard

Hi,

I'm posting this question for someone else who does not have an account here:

Here is her question:

Quote:
Last week, I used the FanFictionDL plugin in Calibre to create an anthology epub of a series on AO3. Everything went fine. This week, the author added a new story to that series. I was able to use FanFictionDL to update the anthology epub, but I can't get the Count Pages plugin to update the new page total. I get an error message that says "Book already has all statistics and overwrite is turned off." I've been through all the settings in FanFictionDL, Count Pages, EpubMerge, and Calibre itself, but I can't figure out where it thinks I'm telling it not to overwrite the page count. Any of you Calibre power users know what I'm doing wrong?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #1303
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi,

I'm posting this question for someone else who does not have an account here:
Tell her to look in the Count Pages plugin config for the 'Always overwrite an existing word/page count' check box near the bottom and check it.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #1304
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.21 - 05 Apr 2013
  • Fixes for change to site dark-solace.org/elysian.
  • Allow ini site section names both with and without www. IE, [www.fanfiction.net] and [fanfiction.net] will both work now. If both are included, the section without www overrides the section with it.
  • Fix for finding URLs during drag & drop of text emails.
  • Fix for persistent AddDialog size.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #1305
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

AWOL Sites - prisonbreakfic.net & svufiction.com

FYI, I did a quick check to make sure all our supported sites were still there last weekend.

Two have been down for nearly a week now: prisonbreakfic.net & svufiction.com

Support for these sites will be removed if they're still down the next time I make a new release.
Closed Thread